1. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    04 Apr '16 21:091 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    It's great to see a team like Leicester doing well in the prem .
    Good luck to them and I hope they see it through to the end.
    as this weekend's games went Leicester's way. it would be a huge tumble for them not to win it.

You can get 4-1 on any one team but Leics to win the PL now

just hold it together for 4 more games and it will be over
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 22:10
    are leicester that good or is everybody else that bad?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 18:451 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    are leicester that good or is everybody else that bad?
    They play to their strengths, this has been the secret of their success. Rainier looked at the players that he had and simply worked out what was the best way to use them. Its pure Brian Clough genius. They will absorb all the pressure and then recoil on you. They also play as a team, I know it sounds silly but they really are a team as opposed to a team made up of individuals, they play for each other. Rainier although he comes across like some Grandpa, expects his players to do what he asks of them, he even droped Mahrez because he would not back track and defend. The whole country wants them to do it so sick of money trying to buy the league with big name prima donnas and grumpy arrogant managers.
  4. Joined
    29 Nov '15
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 10:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    They play to their strengths, this has been the secret of their success. Rainier looked at the players that he had and simply worked out what was the best way to use them. Its pure Brian Clough genius. They will absorb all the pressure and then recoil on you. They also play as a team, I know it sounds silly but they really are a team as opposed to ...[text shortened]... sick of money trying to buy the league with big name prima donnas and grumpy arrogant managers.
    no major injuries and only one red card has helped them a lot. they are the fourth best team in the card count, worse team for cards aston villa.
    three wins gives them 78 points should be enough
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 19:11
    Well that's Arsenal out of the equation after the 3-3 at West Ham .
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 18:54
    Well that's Arsenal out of the equation after the 3-3 at West Ham .
    Vardy gets a brace against Sunderland .
    Edging even closer ,guaranteed a place in the champions league now .( if that was in any doubt )...
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 11:251 edit
    Vardy gets a brace against Sunderland .
    Edging even closer ,guaranteed a place in the champions league now .( if that was in any doubt )...
    he is like a whippet, too fast for the Sunderland defenders, typical Leicester city goals, he did the same thing against Liverpool although in a more spectacular fashion, big hoof up the park, Vardy gets it and he is deadly accurate. This is the greatest thing since Forest won the European cup.
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 17:40
    he is like a whippet, too fast for the Sunderland defenders, typical Leicester city goals, he did the same thing against Liverpool although in a more spectacular fashion, big hoof up the park, Vardy gets it and he is deadly accurate. This is the greatest thing since Forest won the European cup.
    Big Brian Clough fan Robbie ?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 20:12
    Big Brian Clough fan Robbie ?
    Yes one of the greats if not the greatest, right up there beside Jock Stein, Mat Busby and Ferguson.
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 20:32
    Yes one of the greats if not the greatest, right up there beside Jock Stein, Mat Busby and Ferguson.
    Shankly and Bob Paisley ?
  11. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 22:24
    Shankly and Bob Paisley ?
    to take a sporting debate look at it, Phil

Your 2, and the other 3, took on hugely successful, rich clubs ~ in varying degrees

Cloughie took on Derby, mid 'Championship' nowadays, took them to 'Premiership title', and 'Champions League' semi

sacked by them (amazingly), then by Leeds (go figure!!)

takes on Forest (well BELOW) mid table 'Championship'

Wins 'Premier League' title, 2 x 'Champions League' various other Cups

we will never see his like again. Incomparable
  12. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 22:35
    But..to be fair

Ranieri would stand amongst those if Leics hold it together

Wonder what Nigel Pearson ~ who's team this almost totally is ~ thinks, looking on??
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 10:19
    They play to their strengths, this has been the secret of their success. Rainier looked at the players that he had and simply worked out what was the best way to use them. Its pure Brian Clough genius. They will absorb all the pressure and then recoil on you. They also play as a team, I know it sounds silly but they really are a team as opposed to ...[text shortened]... sick of money trying to buy the league with big name prima donnas and grumpy arrogant managers.
    i wouldnt disagree with any of that, but it doesnt answer the question. would this current leicester team have won the league in any other season? watching them play the seem like a moyes era everton rather than a ferguson era united. fingers crossed though, i hope they do it, with schwarzer and huth in the squad its like a little bit of boro is winning the league.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 11:381 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i wouldnt disagree with any of that, but it doesnt answer the question. would this current leicester team have won the league in any other season? watching them play the seem like a moyes era everton rather than a ferguson era united. fingers crossed though, i hope they do it, with schwarzer and huth in the squad its like a little bit of boro is winning the league.
    Well ok Chealski imploded, Utd are in transition, so are Liverpool but what can we say about Arsenal and Chity, whats their excuse? Sure we can argue that it may have been conducive to their fortunes this season but they are top because they are the best team. Yes they have not the finesse of the legendary Utd team but that doesn't matter, you can only do the best with what you have got and thats what they have, the most creative midfielder in the UK, Mahrez and the most prolific goal scorer in Jamie Vardy, its a deadly combo
  15. Joined
    29 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 11:28
    70% of the earths survive is covered by water
    the other 30% is covered by ???????????????

n'golo Kante

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree