1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 15:30
    Originally posted by trev33
    hardly the same is it? i've been at a batting cages and know how difficult it is to consistently hit foul balls.....unlike tennis he had to earn that second, or third...or forth chance before his at bat is over.

the football and hockey things you mention is just simply playing the advantage to the team who deserves it. neither are getting a second chance ...[text shortened]... uivalent of a [b]lucky
    'let' call. worst comparances (is that a word? it should be) ever.[/b]
    what other sports use a "net"

Worst question ever then.
  2. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 15:35
    hardly the same is it? i've been at a batting cages and know how difficult it is to consistently hit foul balls.....unlike tennis he had to earn that second, or third...or forth chance before his at bat is over.

the football and hockey things you mention is just simply playing the advantage to the team who deserves it. neither are getting a second chance ...[text shortened]... uivalent of a [b]lucky
    comparisons
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 15:48
    Originally posted by uzless
    what other sports use a "net"

Worst question ever then.
    ping pong aka table tennis

what happens here when serving and hitting the net? fault.
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 16:20
    ping pong aka table [b]tennis

what happens here when serving and hitting the net? fault.[/b]
    if it goes over and lands in the right spot, you serve again in table tennis.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 16:59
    They should stamp out the grunting from the wimmin players.

They should be warned and then disqualified. It's a fact that most of them don't grunt when they are practicing.
  6. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 17:06
    In volleyball it used to be no good to hit the net on the serve but now it is ok.
  7. e4
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 14:19
    Agree totally let and first service should be scrapped.

If you don't play it correctly first time why should you be given
    another chance. Mind you I think the whole game should be scrapped.

I HATE TENNIS
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 14:22
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    They should stamp out the grunting from the wimmin players. They should be warned and then disqualified. It's a fact that most of them don't grunt when they are practicing.
    That's not true. Have you never hidden in a bush near a practice ground with a telephoto lense and long range microphone?
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 21:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    That's not true. Have you never hidden in a bush near a practice ground with a telephoto lense and long range microphone?
    are you doubting the doc's stalking abilities?
  10. Joined
    14 Jul '09
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 16:33
    That is not always true
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 20:02

if you allowed "let" serves to stand, I'm sure a lot of players would be able to deliberately allow their serve to clip the top of the net and get cheap points. But if you made these serves become a "fault", there'd be lots of controversies over whether a ball barely ticked the top of the net or not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree