Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. 24 Nov '07 23:50

2. 25 Nov '07 22:05
    why - he doesn't exactly have the best squad available to him like the england squad - keano would not lose 7-1 with gerrard lmpard rooney in his team - england probably wouldn't either but still the european draw's next sunay to all you english dudes out there
  3. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    25 Nov '07 22:07
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee

...[text shortened]...
    There's something wrong in the world when a Liverpool fan is so happy because of an Everton win.
  4. 25 Nov '07 22:19
    Originally posted by Palynka
    There's something wrong in the world when a Liverpool fan is so happy because of an Everton win.
    well i never said i was happy at the win, i said that keane has a weak squad so it's not suprising that they lost heavily, it's been a long time coming
  5. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    25 Nov '07 22:21
    Originally posted by John1916
    well i never said i was happy at the win, i said that keane has a weak squad so it's not suprising that they lost heavily, it's been a long time coming
    Did I quote you? Nope.
  6. Standard member Rooney Once a Blue
    Always a Red
    26 Nov '07 00:20

...[text shortened]...
    Why?
  7. 26 Nov '07 08:16

...[text shortened]...
    Why? he had an amazing impact on Sunderland when he took over, they were struggling in the championship at the time if you remember. It's a big step up to the premiership, and although they are in trouble they are not yet certainly doomed
  8. 26 Nov '07 12:03
    well im hopeing we get past the 15 point this time round. but derby?
  9. 26 Nov '07 12:55
    Originally posted by stoker
    well im hopeing we get past the 15 point this time round. but derby?
    Derby are away at Sunderland this weekend, so a real 6 pointer for both teams.
  10. 26 Nov '07 18:44
    we should laugh at the media for building up keano so much.

i never rated as a player or a manager
  11. Standard member pulu2
    pulu <3
    26 Nov '07 19:38
    Originally posted by spurs73
    we should laugh at the media for building up keano so much.

i never rated as a player or a manager
    Really? Why not? One of the best midfielders and team captains of well, modern premiership. As a manager it's too early to say.
  12. 26 Nov '07 20:24
    Originally posted by John1916
    why - he doesn't exactly have the best squad available to him like the england squad - keano would not lose 7-1 with gerrard lmpard rooney in his team - england probably wouldn't either but still the european draw's next sunay to all you english dudes out there
    I don't think the size of squad would be an issue, one hopes Roy would teach all defensive players how to defend, not just the preferred 4. Saturday's comedy show tells us not though.

In any case if squad size were the problem, Surly Roy's lack of diplomatic skills doesn't help him - slagging players off in the press that don't want to come to your club is hardly likely to convince others to join.
  13. 26 Nov '07 20:26
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Coincidences happen! In that game, football was the loser
  14. 26 Nov '07 20:32
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Why? he had an amazing impact on Sunderland when he took over, they were struggling in the championship at the time if you remember. It's a big step up to the premiership, and although they are in trouble they are not yet certainly doomed
    The record is not looking good though:

WDLLLLWDLLLDLDL

and Roy's defense doesn't inspire hope that things will turn around. Wigan showed far more steel over the weekend IMO, which doesn't leave many teams worse than Roy's.
  15. 26 Nov '07 21:02
    The record is not looking good though:

WDLLLLWDLLLDLDL

and Roy's defense doesn't inspire hope that things will turn around. Wigan showed far more steel over the weekend IMO, which doesn't leave many teams worse than Roy's.
    fulham, borro and derby

btw is there anyone in world football uglier than southgate?