LSU #1?

Standard memberwhodey
Sports 08 Jan '08 13:18
  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 13:18
    Just out of curiosity, how many think LSU is the best team in college football? As for myself, I can think of a slew of teams that could have beaten them if only given a chance. These include, USC, WVU, Georgia, Missouri, and possibly even Michigan. What say you?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 14:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just out of curiosity, how many think LSU is the best team in college football? As for myself, I can think of a slew of teams that could have beaten them if only given a chance. These include, USC, WVU, Georgia, Missouri, and possibly even Michigan. What say you?
    Sorry, but the BCS is flawless.

P-
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 16:22
    There is no team in the country that couldn't have been beaten by another team in the country one time on a given day. If you are talking about consistently beating them, then that is another question. I have said for quite some time that I believe LSU is the best team in the country. They are the only team that went undefeated during regulation time in the country. They had two multiple overtime losses against SEC foes in argueably the best conference in the country. The most interesting match up would be Georgia vs. LSU, but, again, LSU has a better talent base and IMO would win the game most of the time. Remember I said I thought there would be a two touchdown spread in the game last night, and there was. And LSU spotted OSU 10 points before they started to click. If that wasn't an impressive display to you, then nothing short of a Hawaii vs Boise State dual undefeated national championship game could impress you.
  4. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 16:27
    Looking at the way their talent was so much better than the best team in the Big 10, and the way they tore through their conference, I do believe they deserve the Championship. They had slumps during the season like each team everywhere does, but their speed and cohesiveness as a team should be rewarded.
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 17:32
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Looking at the way their talent was so much better than the best team in the Big 10, and the way they tore through their conference, I do believe they deserve the Championship. They had slumps during the season like each team everywhere does, but their speed and cohesiveness as a team should be rewarded.
    I think that the same thing could have been said about USC if they had played OSU.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 18:33
    No matter your opinons the fact remains that LSU is the first national champion with 2 losses. It is also the only team to have moved from 7th place to #1 overnight.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 18:38
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    😉

I am fully convinced that the BCS system is designed to do two things, which it does them very well, I might add. It is the job of the BCS to generate revenue for the bowl games, ie OSU and LSU in the championship game, as well as generate interest around the country no matter their capabilites, ie Georgia vs. Hawaii.

If you want to know who the better team is all one has to do is watch the odds makers in Vegas. Of course, where is the interest in that? After all, they would probably rank USC #1 every year throughout the year so long as they stayed healthy?
  8. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 17:451 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    There is no team in the country that couldn't have been beaten by another team in the country one time on a given day.
    Yea, I thought all year long that Temple could beat LSU, USC, WVA or Georgia on any givne day 😉 LOL 🙄
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 21:13
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Yea, I thought all year long that Temple could beat LSU, USC, WVA or Georgia on any givne day 😉 LOL 🙄
    Guess you made a fortune this year betting on Appalachain State then!!! 😛
  10. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 21:28
    I didn't watch the game because I thought it was a farce. It only proved what I aleays thought, that Ohio State was overrated as usual.
  11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 23:37
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    Yep, we should never change it. The past two championships prove nothing against it, and were just wild games, which OSU did not prepare properly for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree