05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 16:59
    You're not the boss of me.
  3. Somerset
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 11:36
    So,

Luton are nowhere near a good team. 3 relegations in a row means that team is disgraceful for the league.

HAVE A NICE TIME IN THE BLUE SQUARE PREMIER!!😞
  4. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 12:59
    Originally posted by British Telecom
    So,
    Luton are nowhere near a good team. 3 relegations in a row means that team is disgraceful for the league.
    HAVE A NICE TIME IN THE BLUE SQUARE PREMIER!!😞
    I assume you do know that Luton Town were relegated from League Two this season because of their financial affairs and not because of poor football?

I feel for the current players and management of Luton Town FC because many of them weren't involved in the ineptitude that led to the problems. I would have thought they will bounce straight back into the Football League after only one season. That leads to another issue, though, which is that there are only two promotion spots from the Blue Sq Prem to League 2. There are a number of talented teams near the top of the BSqP that won't be able to go up this season - they will find it harder next season.

Does anyone have figures to hand (if no-one has then I'll google it when I have more time) to show how many teams have essentially been relegated from League Two because they have been docked points (for financial irregs)? Off the top of my head I think that Oxf Utd and Camb Utd both fall into this category, along with Luton, obviously. If there are many more then it highlights how important it is to get a good finance team in place at your club.
  5. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 22:50
    Originally posted by Diapason
    I assume you do know that Luton Town were relegated from League Two this season because of their financial affairs and not because of poor football?

I feel for the current players and management of Luton Town FC because many of them weren't involved in the ineptitude that led to the problems. I would have thought they will bounce straight back into the ...[text shortened]... more then it highlights how important it is to get a good finance team in place at your club.
    the non league top division is a really tough league, took Wycombe years to get out of there and break into the league and in those days only the top team went up. i think Luton will struggle as have Oxford who many thought would come straight back up
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 00:39
    took doncaster, hereford, chester a few attempts to come back up

also carlise, they may have come up at the first opportunity (i can't remember)

however look what happened to kidderminister, york and scarborough they went down again (below the conference)

i think luton are the only ones down because of penalties - they would have had 54 points now (enough for 15th place)

but i feel most sorry for rotherham - they would have been just behind wycombe if it wasnt for penalties

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree