maple leafs

Standard membersloppyb
Sports 01 Feb '10 22:11
  1. Joined
    31 Jan '09
    Moves
    4200
    01 Feb '10 22:11
    they added phaneuf and gigeure. who won the trades? will TO be better?
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    06 Feb '10 16:36
    Originally posted by sloppyb
    they added phaneuf and gigeure. who won the trades? will TO be better?
    they will be different but not any better.

    No forwards and no draft picks make toronto a bad team...
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414483
    08 Feb '10 01:24
    Originally posted by sloppyb
    they added phaneuf and gigeure. who won the trades? will TO be better?
    Perhaps for the short term...A goalie can win you games, and jiggy is playing really well right now...TWO shutouts in a row!!!
  4. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Fort Lauderdale
    Joined
    17 Aug '06
    Moves
    119668
    11 Feb '10 06:23
    I have lots of hockey friends/fans.. I can't find anyone that likes the Maple Loafs.
  5. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Fort Lauderdale
    Joined
    17 Aug '06
    Moves
    119668
    14 Feb '10 06:03
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I have lots of hockey friends/fans.. I can't find anyone that likes the Maple Loafs.
    I'm not sure exactly why I posted this, maybe thought I was being cute or funny.. not at all, and I apologize.
  6. Joined
    12 Feb '10
    Moves
    2521
    15 Feb '10 04:451 edit
    Originally posted by uzless
    they will be different but not any better.

    No forwards and no draft picks make toronto a bad team...
    Agreed. They gave away their first and second round draft picks this year to Boston in exchange for Kessel?
    That trade also included next years first round pick!!

    I can't even remember a time when Toronto did anything right.
    Maybe they had a chance back when they had Gilmore, Clark, Domi and Potvin in net.
    I'm not sure if they all played at the same time though.

    I have a theory about the Toronto Maple Leafs.
    They always sell out the seats, so what's the problem? No problem for the owners.
    If the place is packed every game the owners won't change anything.

    Even when they lose the place is packed.

    You look at any other NHL team and when they are losing less people come to the games and in turn the owners change things to get the team winning again.

    Toronto fans are so die hard they go regardless of losses and the owner/owners count the cash.
    My advice? Quit going to the games and make the owners finally change it up.
    Or...They sign me and I lace up my skates.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414483
    18 Feb '10 03:46
    Originally posted by CC Patzer
    Agreed. They gave away their first and second round draft picks this year to Boston in exchange for Kessel?
    That trade also included next years first round pick!!

    I can't even remember a time when Toronto did anything right.
    Maybe they had a chance back when they had Gilmore, Clark, Domi and Potvin in net.
    I'm not sure if they all played at the same ...[text shortened]... games and make the owners finally change it up.
    Or...They sign me and I lace up my skates.
    They are the richest team in the NHL and haven't won a cup since 1967!

    Go Figure!
  8. Joined
    12 Feb '10
    Moves
    2521
    18 Feb '10 04:51
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    They are the richest team in the NHL and haven't won a cup since 1967!

    Go Figure!
    😲 Serious? They are the richest team? Where does all the money go? I know they don't "buy" good players, so where is the money?
Back to Top