1. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Aug '08 01:41
    What an wonderful story behind this nigh on 320lb Austrian born olympic weightlifting champion. I'm not sure if anyone has heard the heart rending story of the loss of his German wife 1yr ago and his sinking into a months long deep mourning depression...his friends rallied to his side and he tried desperately to recover his form merely months from the start of the olympics. He subsequently dedicated every lift he made to the memory of his tragically killed wife and lifted massive lifetime bests to achieve the olympic title yesterday. Representing Germany, he shared the top spot of the podium with a foto of her...a marvellous outcome that's not merited 10secs of air time anywhere other than his birth and adoptive countries.
  2. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    20 Aug '08 09:30
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    What an wonderful story behind this nigh on 320lb Austrian born olympic weightlifting champion. I'm not sure if anyone has heard the heart rending story of the loss of his German wife 1yr ago and his sinking into a months long deep mourning depression...his friends rallied to his side and he tried desperately to recover his form merely months from the st ...[text shortened]... me that's not merited 10secs of air time anywhere other than his birth and adoptive countries.
    The BBC website featured him briefly, not enough I know, but it hasn't gone totally unnoticed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree