Men's 4x100 swimming relay

Men's 4x100 swimming relay

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Aug 08

Can someone tell me how they eat their crow in France?

Moves
11 Aug 08

Served on their foot perhaps. What a great race, even more so with USA winning the gold!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Aug 08

Originally posted by vacostner
Served on their foot perhaps. What a great race, even more so with USA winning the gold!
I just love it when bold predictions are made and then they are not able to back it up. But that was a great race. If I am not mistaken, the top four finishers in the race all broke the old world record. That was smoking!! I was glad to see Micheal Phelps keep his dream alive of winning 8 gold medals in the same Olympics. He has the two most difficult ones out of the way, but he still can't control the other relays. I remember when Mark Spitz won 7 gold back in 1972. No one has dominated ever since, and there have been some tremendous swimmers. This is going to be fun to watch.

Another fun thing to watch will be the gut check for the women's gymnastics. Let's see if they can overcome the hole they dug for themselves.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
11 Aug 08

Very disappointing, really.

J

Moves
11 Aug 08

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I just love it when bold predictions are made and then they are not able to back it up. But that was a great race. If I am not mistaken, the top four finishers in the race all broke the old world record. That was smoking!! I was glad to see Micheal Phelps keep his dream alive of winning 8 gold medals in the same Olympics. He has the two most difficult o ...[text shortened]... for the women's gymnastics. Let's see if they can overcome the hole they dug for themselves.
I believe it was actually the top 5 teams all broke the old world record. So it's not like the those teams behind U.S. swam bad races, they all swam phenomenal but they just couldn't beat the U.S.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Aug 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
I believe it was actually the top 5 teams all broke the old world record. So it's not like the those teams behind U.S. swam bad races, they all swam phenomenal but they just couldn't beat the U.S.
I agree. I wasn't sure if the 5th place team beat the WR pace or not, but I knew the record got trashed. It was a great race by all teams.

Moves
12 Aug 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
You swim in polluted water like China has and you'd want to be in the pool for as little time as possible too.πŸ˜›

Moves
12 Aug 08

Originally posted by vacostner
You swim in polluted water like China has and you'd want to be in the pool for as little time as possible too.πŸ˜›
This from someone who has swum in China?

Moves
12 Aug 08

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Can't say that I have swam in China, nor do I care to.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Aug 08

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
I got pretty close, swam in the Mekong. Not very smart I might add. Poisonous snakes and other nasties, to say nothing of parasites, I was freeking lucky I didn't get the asian rot from it!
I worked in Northern Thailand for two years and drank the water, only got sick once. We had a great way to take showers, using rainwater coming off the roof, super clean water.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Aug 08

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I just love it when bold predictions are made and then they are not able to back it up. But that was a great race. If I am not mistaken, the top four finishers in the race all broke the old world record. That was smoking!! I was glad to see Micheal Phelps keep his dream alive of winning 8 gold medals in the same Olympics. He has the two most difficult o ...[text shortened]... for the women's gymnastics. Let's see if they can overcome the hole they dug for themselves.
Even if he doesn't win another gold he is in the history books, most golds total of ANYONE EVER. Well at least in our eraπŸ™‚, don't know how many were won back in Greek times.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
13 Aug 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
Even if he doesn't win another gold he is in the history books, most golds total of ANYONE EVER. Well at least in our eraπŸ™‚, don't know how many were won back in Greek times.
At this point, I am not willing to bet against him winning 8 golds, and possibly with 8 new world records. Mr. Phelps is phenomenal!!

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
13 Aug 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
It could only be a swimmer who could achieve this feat anyway.So he is definitely not in other great Olympians league just yet.Lets see how he goes in London .