31 Aug '08 22:21
    Why Michigan, just why? :'(
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Sep '08 02:18
    Originally posted by UserChevy
    Blame coach Tressel of Ohio State. He changed the Big Ten by raising the bar. In fact, he is currently about to break a record by winning 3 straight consecutive Big Ten titles in a row. As a result, that team up north got a good dose of humility that Ohio State got from that team up north before Tressel came into town. Then they got rid of coach Carr and with a brand new coach this year as well as a brad new QB, running back, and wide receivers. The rest is history.

I say don't blame coach Tressel, I say that you should thank him. Those within the Big Ten must now raise the bar in their respective programs unless they want Ohio State to continue to dominate the conference.
  3. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    01 Sep '08 03:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    Blame coach Tressel of Ohio State. He changed the Big Ten by raising the bar. In fact, he is currently about to break a record by winning 3 straight consecutive Big Ten titles in a row. As a result, that team up north got a good dose of humility that Ohio State got from that team up north before Tressel came into town. Then they got rid of coach Carr and ...[text shortened]... n their respective programs unless they want Ohio State to continue to dominate the conference.
    Besides all that nonsense...

The point is they lose to bad teams and embarass themselves. I'm not the biggest Michigan fan in the world, but when they suck it does take away from the college football season. The big ten is packed full of big rivalries and I enjoy watching them. Michigan being bad takes away 5 or 6 possible really good games to see.
  4. 19th hole
    Moves
    01 Sep '08 15:50
    Originally posted by PocketKings

The point is they lose to bad teams and embarass themselves. I'm not the biggest Michigan fan in the world, but when they suck it does take away from the college football season. The big ten is packed full of big rivalries and I enjoy watching them. Michigan being bad takes away 5 or 6 possible really good games to see.
    Like the OSU vs. UM game 😞
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    01 Sep '08 18:10
    Like the OSU vs. UM game 😞
    Yes, that would be a big one
  6. 19th hole
    Moves
    01 Sep '08 19:53
    Yes, that would be a big one
    Around where I live (right between OSU and U of M) the game is HUGE every year, and still will be this year, even though it probably won't be much of a game unless U of M gets their act together.
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    01 Sep '08 20:04
    Around where I live (right between OSU and U of M) the game is HUGE every year, and still will be this year, even though it probably won't be much of a game unless U of M gets their act together.
    I'm live over by Penn State, but I hate Penn State, so "Go Michigan" in that game.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 01:17

Make no mistake about it, Utah is a good team. In addition, even though that team up north is out of sorts currently, they are and will always be a good team. In fact, I will be shocked if they have a loosing season.

I will admit this fact, however, and that is if OSU had faced a healthy UM team last season I think the results would have been much different. I think this was obvious after watching a healthy UM team pick apart the Florida Gators, which I absolutely enjoyed!! I realized this when I saw the OSU offense sputtering because of their QB who is notorious for choking and turning the ball over in big games. During the Michigan game, he SHOULD have had an interception during a key part of the game but the defender dropped the ball. After that, Tressel did not let him throw another pass and just had BB Wells run the ball the rest of the game. Of course they could not have done this had Michigans offense been producing but they did not have to worry about it because they were all banged up.

You know, speaking of the Florida/Michigan game, there is nothing like watching two teams you absolutely hate and despise beat up on each other. You tend to root for one team over the other with ever the slimmest margins, however, if they don't win you still enjoy it thoroughly anyway. It is a win/win scenario.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 01:20
    Shame on OSU if they do not respect and adequately prepare for that game. Fortunately, I don't think Tressel is capable of taking them lightly. After all, that game has been his bread and butter and now he is the highest payed coach in the Big Ten.
  10. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 09:19
    Michigan blows. You guys could really hurt the best rivalry in all of sports with your crappy team. However, any team can win that game regardless of the talent on it. And it better be an awesome game this year...because I'm gonna be there watching it.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 21:13
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Michigan blows. You guys could really hurt the best rivalry in all of sports with your crappy team. However, any team can win that game regardless of the talent on it. And it better be an awesome game this year...because I'm gonna be there watching it.
    Not so fast. I predict that they will beat Notre Dame next weekend. They may not have as good a year this year as last but they still are a pretty good team.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 13:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    Make no mistake about it, Utah is a good team. In addition, even though that team up north is out of sorts currently, they are and will always be a good team. In fact, I will be shocked if they have a loosing season.

I will admit this fact, however, and that is if OSU had faced a healthy UM team last season I think the results would have been much differ ...[text shortened]... ns, however, if they don't win you still enjoy it thoroughly anyway. It is a win/win scenario.
    The fact that Big Ten fans are reduced to bragging that the #2 team in their conference beat the #5 team in the SEC shows how desperate they are. But I guess when you always lose most of your bowl games you have to find some silver lining.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 04:23
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The fact that Big Ten fans are reduced to bragging that the #2 team in their conference beat the #5 team in the SEC shows how desperate they are. But I guess when you always lose most of your bowl games you have to find some silver lining.
    I have no problem admitting that the SEC is better on average than the Big Ten as of today, however, it is a far cry from your rantings that the Big Ten is as horrible in comparison to other conferences as you say they are. In my book, I would put the following teams ahead of my Buckeyes.

1. USC
    2. LSU
    3. Florida
    4. Georgia

After that, I am not so sure. Do notice that 3 of these teams are from the SEC. I do not trash the Big Ten by comparing them to all other conferences as you do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree