1. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Joined
    27 Oct '02
    Moves
    47338
    02 Jan '07 06:15
    The Wolverines lost in the Rose Bowl as usual. Now that should shut up the whiners who thought they should play in the Championship Game against another Big Ten team who plays a weak schedule also. The Buckeyes from Ohio State. I hope Florida sends them back to Columbus crying. Everyone knows the SEC is the toughest conference.
  2. over there
    Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    749
    02 Jan '07 12:19
    Originally posted by slimjim
    The Wolverines lost in the Rose Bowl as usual. Now that should shut up the whiners who thought they should play in the Championship Game against another Big Ten team who plays a weak schedule also. The Buckeyes from Ohio State. I hope Florida sends them back to Columbus crying. Everyone knows the SEC is the toughest conference.
    Florida still shouldn't be in it. Louisville deserves it.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    02 Jan '07 13:55
    Originally posted by slimjim
    The Wolverines lost in the Rose Bowl as usual. Now that should shut up the whiners who thought they should play in the Championship Game against another Big Ten team who plays a weak schedule also. The Buckeyes from Ohio State. I hope Florida sends them back to Columbus crying. Everyone knows the SEC is the toughest conference.
    Now slimjim, this is not that team up north we are talking about, rather, we are talking about THE Ohio State Buckeyes who have been #1 since the beginning of the season and who have already beaten two #2 teams and who also has the Heisman winner as well as having the best coach in all of college football. We will crush them!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Paonia, Colorado
    Joined
    21 Nov '04
    Moves
    170839
    02 Jan '07 14:49
    Originally posted by slimjim
    Now that should shut up the whiners who thought they should play in the Championship Game against another Big Ten team who plays a weak schedule also.

    Nope. They are now claiming that the 100 players and 20 coaches on Michigan in some cosmic twist all had a bad day. That and the ACC refs were out to get them, because everyone knows the ACC refs all hate the Not-so-Big 10
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    02 Jan '07 15:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    Now slimjim, this is not that team up north we are talking about, rather, we are talking about THE Ohio State Buckeyes who have been #1 since the beginning of the season and who have already beaten two #2 teams and who also has the Heisman winner as well as having the best coach in all of college football. We will crush them!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd say that Ohio State has a lot going for them, so much that they won't be defeated until well into the fourth quarter.
  6. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Joined
    04 Sep '06
    Moves
    13491
    02 Jan '07 17:39
    Originally posted by slimjim
    The Wolverines lost in the Rose Bowl as usual. Now that should shut up the whiners who thought they should play in the Championship Game against another Big Ten team who plays a weak schedule also. The Buckeyes from Ohio State. I hope Florida sends them back to Columbus crying. Everyone knows the SEC is the toughest conference.
    Bwa ha! Me too!
  7. over there
    Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    749
    02 Jan '07 17:51
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Bwa ha! Me too!
    Won't happen. Florida should be rated # 6 or 7.
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    02 Jan '07 18:55
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Won't happen. Florida should be rated # 6 or 7.
    Perhaps, but then Michigan's pre-season ranking was more accurate than their end of season ranking.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    02 Jan '07 21:58
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Won't happen. Florida should be rated # 6 or 7.
    On what basis do you make that ridiculous claim? Toughest schedule in the country and one close loss.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    02 Jan '07 22:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    On what basis do you make that ridiculous claim? Toughest schedule in the country and one close loss.
    BCS is sooooo stupid.

    P-
  11. over there
    Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    749
    02 Jan '07 22:36
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    On what basis do you make that ridiculous claim? Toughest schedule in the country and one close loss.
    Chris Leak fumbles constantly. The SEC is an overrated conference. Their coach was badmouthing Michigan. They won many games by 1 point, including their game vs. Southern Carolina, whom they only beat because Southern Carolina missed the field goal at the end of the game.
  12. Paonia, Colorado
    Joined
    21 Nov '04
    Moves
    170839
    03 Jan '07 02:13
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Chris Leak fumbles constantly. The SEC is an overrated conference. Their coach was badmouthing Michigan. They won many games by 1 point, including their game vs. Southern Carolina, whom they only beat because Southern Carolina missed the field goal at the end of the game.
    You obviously know nothing of the SEC and base your opinion on how the Big 10 does against them in bowl games. First of all, there is no Southern Carolina. It is South Carolina, the coach of which coached Florida to a National Championship. He gets his players so fired up to play Florida that it is like a bowl game.

    Secondly, Chris Leak only lost 3 fumbles all year.

    I am no fan of the Gators, but I certainly wouldn't put them at 5 or 6. Go and check the strength of schedule stats used by the BCS. Every link I could find, except one link to a Michigan fan's blog, put Florida with a much tougher schedule.

    Most quotes regarding strength of schedule said something like "I doubt Michigan or OSU could get through Florida's schedule with only one loss."
  13. over there
    Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    749
    03 Jan '07 03:02
    Originally posted by CliffLandin

    Most quotes regarding strength of schedule said something like "I doubt Michigan or OSU could get through Florida's schedule with only one loss."
    You're right. They'd be undefeated.
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    03 Jan '07 03:03
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    You're right. They'd be undefeated.
    You need to seek professional help. Seriously.
  15. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Joined
    27 Oct '02
    Moves
    47338
    03 Jan '07 03:211 edit
    Well I guess we will have to find out in a week or so if OS is so deserving of it's rating. After all with powerhouse teams like Northern Illinois, Cincinatti, Bowling Green, Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois, and Northwestern on it's schedule some people feel they deserve their rating.
Back to Top