Bengals make the playoffs!!!
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 04:09
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Bengals make the playoffs!!!
    After losing to the Ravens.

Only in Cincinnati. Of course, I predict they will lose the first game in the playoffs and I don't even know who they will play or where.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 06:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    After losing to the Ravens.

Only in Cincinnati. Of course, I predict they will lose the first game in the playoffs and I don't even know who they will play or where.
    They are playing the Texans in Houston.

Still, making the playoffs after your scathing doom and gloom is funny.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 14:503 edits
    They are playing the Texans in Houston.

Still, making the playoffs after your scathing doom and gloom is funny.
    They have zero change of beating the Texans. As a result, Mike Browns record will stand. Do you know what record that is? It is the longest stretch of any NFL team without a playoff win, including such teams as the Browns. LOL.

I have to admit, I learned something from all this. Any time the Bungs have an infusion of a number of new players in key roles, they have a brief period of being able to win. Then as subpar coaching and mangement and an overall atmosphere of dysfunction starts to bear down on the new guys, that window will begin to close. If my theory is correct, next year will not be as successful as this year.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 17:131 edit
    They have zero change of beating the Texans. As a result, Mike Browns record will stand. Do you know what record that is? It is the longest stretch of any NFL team without a playoff win, including such teams as the Browns. LOL.

I have to admit, I learned something from all this. Any time the Bungs have an infusion of a number of new players in key rol ...[text shortened]... will begin to close. If my theory is correct, next year will not be as successful as this year.
    Outside of your ridiculous pessimism, what could possibly give you the idea that the Bengals have "zero chance" of beating the Texans? Houston hasn't played very well the last month and may have to use Jake Delhomme at QB. I think it's very likely the Bengals will win.

EDIT: The Texans are currently a less than overwhelming 3 point favorite. http://www.onlinesportshandicapping.com/nfl-lines.html
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 21:02
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Outside of your ridiculous pessimism, what could possibly give you the idea that the Bengals have "zero chance" of beating the Texans? Houston hasn't played very well the last month and may have to use Jake Delhomme at QB. I think it's very likely the Bengals will win.

EDIT: The Texans are currently a less than overwhelming 3 point favorite. http://www.onlinesportshandicapping.com/nfl-lines.html
    Actually, the Texans played pretty well yesterday considering the didn't dress Arian Foster, Jonathan Joseph or Owen Daniels. They also limited Andre Johnson to 15 plays.

TJ Yates suffered a separated shoulder on the first play from scrimmage and then led
    the team on a very impressive 80 yard drive for a touchdown. He was 4-4 passing on
    that drive. He could have continued, but the Texans elected to take him out.

Jake Delhomme played his first live snaps all season, and played the rest of they way.
    Considering all of that was happening, the fact that they stayed ahead of Tennessee,
    a team motivated to win or end their season, coupled with the fact that the game
    meant nothing to the Texans as far as playoff seeding or home field advantage, I
    would say they played very well. The played the second string most of the second
    half of the game against Tennessee's first team. The Texans also played a straight 4
    in the box defense, which they will not do next week. They weren't giving anything
    away to Tennessee in case they were the Wild Card opponent next week.

I believe the Texans will win, but I do not think it is a lock at all. Cincy played very
    tough here when Houston beat them on the next to last play of the game. I assure
    you, the Texan staff is not taking them lightly either.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 23:05
    Actually, the Texans played pretty well yesterday considering the didn't dress Arian Foster, Jonathan Joseph or Owen Daniels. They also limited Andre Johnson to 15 plays.

TJ Yates suffered a separated shoulder on the first play from scrimmage and then led
    the team on a very impressive 80 yard drive for a touchdown. He was 4-4 passing on
    that drive ...[text shortened]... t to last play of the game. I assure
    you, the Texan staff is not taking them lightly either.
    The Texans lost their last three including an embarrassing loss to the Colts. I think that rates as "not playing well".

Yates rallied them nicely to win in the last seconds against the Bengals in early December, but I wouldn't count on him being as effective against them again. The Texans are really banged up and while it's sort of a tossup game, I like the Bengals.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 23:31
    The Texans lost their last three including an embarrassing loss to the Colts. I think that rates as "not playing well".

Yates rallied them nicely to win in the last seconds against the Bengals in early December, but I wouldn't count on him being as effective against them again. The Texans are really banged up and while it's sort of a tossup game, I like the Bengals.
    Well, it won't be the first time you were wrong.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 12:55

Ridiculous pessimism? I would not call it ridiculous. Furthermore, I would not call it misplaced.

The Bungs started off kinda well but have fizzled of late. This is standard for a Bungs team going into the playoffs.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 02:151 edit
    Ridiculous pessimism? I would not call it ridiculous. Furthermore, I would not call it misplaced.

The Bungs started off kinda well but have fizzled of late. This is standard for a Bungs team going into the playoffs.
    I realize that most of you have not followed this horrible, horrible organization like I have, so not understanding them is...well....understandable. However, the more educated I can make people and the more they witness from the Bungs perhaps people will stop second guessing the pessimism that surrounds this organization.

My prediction next year is that they will not even make the playoffs. Now that the new players have been in the system a full year the spiral downward has begun as their eyes will be propped open with tooth picks to the horror that is Mike Brown and the Cincinnati Bengals. Their only hope is to demand a trade or retire.

On a side note, I heard the Mike Brown has won the Executive award of the year. All I can say is, thanks Mike Brown for 21 years without a playoff win. Your the best!!
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 05:59
    I realize that most of you have not followed this horrible, horrible organization like I have, so not understanding them is...well....understandable. However, the more educated I can make people and the more they witness from the Bungs perhaps people will stop second guessing the pessimism that surrounds this organization.

My prediction next year is that ...[text shortened]... year. All I can say is, thanks Mike Brown for 21 years without a playoff win. Your the best!!
    But, he can spell you're properly, so he is still ahead of you.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 14:57
    But, he can spell you're properly, so he is still ahead of you.
    How did you enjoy the Texans bye week? Now its off to play real teams.

Enjoy!! 😵
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 15:44
    How did you enjoy the Texans bye week? Now its off to play real teams.

Enjoy!! 😵
    Do you refer to Ohio State games as bye week games at the collegiate level as well?

After all, the Bengals performed much better than OSU did this year.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 20:211 edit
    Do you refer to Ohio State games as bye week games at the collegiate level as well?

After all, the Bengals performed much better than OSU did this year.
    They are two different animals. OSU has a rich winning tradition that was ravaged by NCAA restrictions and the Bungs have no winning history with Mike Brown. As a result, OSU will soon be back on top of their game and the Bungs will continue to wallow in their own excrement like a happy pig on a hot day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree