1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 17:171 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    From that position he's looking for a double leg grab so if the momentum didn't knock you over then he'll be looking to throw your balance by pulling your legs out from under you. I doubt you'd be able to stay standing in horse stance.

Might be better to try and absorb the impact by dropping your back leg into a long forward stance (or whatever the TKD equivalent is) and trying to catch them in a neck/choke hold.
    I've used the horse stance against that sort of tackle before and was able to keep standing. Suppose the guy is coming at you from the front. You pivot your front foot up to 90 degrees, thus turning sideways and step sideways into the horse stance. The enemy grabs you from your side or an angle by the time you're in position. It works pretty well, but I've never used it against a real grappler.

When I did use it it was against my brother, a Marine, who thought I was about to hit our mother (I was not, she was grabbing something out of my hand and I reached up to keep it out of her hands for a second since she was freaking out). Therefore he was serious about taking me down and was a trained fighter but I couldn't start hitting him in the back of the neck or anything so I finally let him take me down and pin me.

If I remember correctly the defensive stances in Judo and wrestling are both very similar to the Horse Stance.
  2. cube# 6484
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 18:32
    Originally posted by irontigran
    first off, randy would kill brock.. i think that ones a blowout..

of slice and jackson that ones more of a tossup.. both could get knocked out with one strike.. so far slice has only fought subpar guys, and has easily crushed them, exept for that one fight where a noname nearly had him. he deserves better fights i think hes learning a lot..
    if the fight way today id give it to jackson but 15 months away i would say slice
    There is something you need to realize. Rampage Jackson is an elite mma fighter. He is a great wrestler, great defender, pretty good grappler, and a great striker. He is also in about 1000 times better shape than Kimbo who is nothing but a street fighter. Kimbo was getting beat in his last fight, against some tomatoe can whose name escapes me, until the ref stoped the fight. Rampage would absolutley destroy Kimbo. Infact 95% of the light heavyweights in the UFC would destroy Kimbo. Liddell, Silva, Jackson, Bisping, Machida, Rashad Evans would all kill Kimbo. Alot of smaller fighters could beat him as well. Anderson silva who fights at 185 would beat him as would BJ Penn (fights at 155).
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jul '08 22:01
    Is this for real? Karate dude gets jumped, kicks ass including awkward looking double-jump front kicks and the like.

YouTube&feature=related

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree