1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Jul '07 13:19
    Anyone see any of the celebrity softball? Why do I get the feeling that the All Star Game won't be played anywhere near as tooth and nail.

P-
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '07 14:48
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Anyone see any of the celebrity softball? Why do I get the feeling that the All Star Game won't be played anywhere near as tooth and nail.

P-
    Doesn't the winning league get home advantage in the World Series? That seems like good incentive to me...
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Jul '07 15:36
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Doesn't the winning league get home advantage in the World Series? That seems like good incentive to me...
    He may be referring to the homerun derby, which was held yesterday.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '07 15:52
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Somehow I doubt it.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Jul '07 16:09
    ?

I heard that was crap, didn't get to see it.

I'm comparing Celeb Softball to the All Star Game. The softball game was wicked pissah good!

P-
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Jul '07 18:41
    ?

I heard that was crap, didn't get to see it.

I'm comparing Celeb Softball to the All Star Game. The softball game was wicked pissah good!

P-
    Celebrity Softball? I hadn't heard of such a thing. I thought you were making a derisive comment about the homerun derby.

The All Star Game is obviously not taken as seriously as other games, but it's a lot better than it used to be. I think they have restored a measure of integrity to the game which had been sorely lacking for a while.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Jul '07 19:48
    Celebrity Softball? I hadn't heard of such a thing. I thought you were making a derisive comment about the homerun derby.

The All Star Game is obviously not taken as seriously as other games, but it's a lot better than it used to be. I think they have restored a measure of integrity to the game which had been sorely lacking for a while.
    The game started around 11pm eastern. Some actors, musicians... and some old-timers like Rollie Fingers and others on mixed teams American vs. National.

I couldn't watch the whole game, but they were playing HARD! Some good plays turned, some home runs (shortened field) and near collisions. I couldn't watch it all, but it was pretty cool from what I saw of it.

P-
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 13:00
    Take it back, Phlab. The game looked like a great one.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 14:33
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Take it back, Phlab. The game looked like a great one.
    I take it back! It was great.

I was kind of glad that the NL closed that gap a bit due to some poor pitching at the end... I was going to feel disappointed if it ended at 5-2.

Ichiro is my hero... I was sad to hear he's signing a 5 year 100M deal with Seatle... I'd love to see him in Boston's Yenway Park.

P-
  10. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 19:18
    I take it back! It was great.

I was kind of glad that the NL closed that gap a bit due to some poor pitching at the end... I was going to feel disappointed if it ended at 5-2.

Ichiro is my hero... I was sad to hear he's signing a 5 year 100M deal with Seatle... I'd love to see him in Boston's Yenway Park.

P-
    I didn't get to see the first 6 innings, but from what I saw, it was a good game. One of the best I've seen. I wanted the NL to break the streak, but yet again, they lose by a single run. Bases loaded and a right handed batter up, and he pops out. Why not put Pujols in there? He's a great hitter . He can hit a single from anywhere over the plate it seems. Oh well. 'Maybe next year'.

Ichiro's staying with Seattle? Bummer. Would have been nice to actually see him play every now and then. 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree