MLB

Standard memberRBHILL
Sports 26 Feb '14 16:13
  1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 16:131 edit
    The preseason starts today. According to Siri the Reds are favored this year to win it all. My Braves are ranked 4th.
  2. Standard memberbeauroberts
    Father of Three
    New Hampshire
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 05:371 edit
    I hope my Red Sox repeat this year. Going to be a tough division to win. With the Yankees getting much better and Baltimore finally spending money and Tampa Bay always being competitive it is possible that 95 wins this season won't even get you into the playoffs...can't wait for opening day.
  3. Joined
    21 Jan '14
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 16:41
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The preseason starts today. According to Siri the Reds are favored this year to win it all. My Braves are ranked 4th.
    The reds aren't even the best team in their division.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 14:552 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    😲

The Reds are down a few pitchers and position players. This year Latos is injured whom they always have depended upon. Their best pitcher Cueto has not been the same since he has been injured. I look for him to bhe on the DL most of the year like last year. Homer Bailey was a decent pitcher but he threw a no hitter last year and now wants a big contract, likely to go to a team like the Yankees. They lost the outfielder Choo who they depeneded upon for offense last year, and replaced him with a speedy outfielder than is more like a Drew Stubbs rather than a true lead off batter. Then there is short stop and third base which have been a vacuum for some time now.

Oh, and they brought in a new manager with no track record. Did I mention that Votto is not the same player since he has been injured?

As a fan, I simply can't get exited about this team anymore. They had their shot a few years ago and blew it.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 14:57
    Originally posted by HarrisonBergeron
    The reds aren't even the best team in their division.
    The Cards will take it again. Saying that is a no brainer every year no matter the year.
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 08:29
    Originally posted by beauroberts
    I hope my Red Sox repeat this year. Going to be a tough division to win. With the Yankees getting much better and Baltimore finally spending money and Tampa Bay always being competitive it is possible that 95 wins this season won't even get you into the playoffs...can't wait for opening day.
    You should check out the prospects the BoSox have coming up. They might just be a better team this year than last. I grew up in Boston and my first game was the sixth game of the 1967 World Series. Go Sox !
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 20:11
    Originally posted by beauroberts
    No mention of the actual division winners here, the Blue Jays.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 21:59
    Originally posted by darvlay
    No mention of the actual division winners here, the Blue Jays.
    Every year I say the Mets are going to the win the World Series but it doesn't make it so... Blue Jays have about as much chance as the Mets.
  9. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 14:54
    Let's go, Bucs!
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Mar '14 14:44
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Every year I say the Mets are going to the win the World Series but it doesn't make it so... Blue Jays have about as much chance as the Mets.
    I would say they have even less of a chance than the Mets going on strength of division alone HOWEVER that will not keep me from my wishful thinking.

Re: The Mets. Noah Syndergaard is the real thing. Still can't believe the Jays traded him AND D'Arnaud away for Dickey 🙁 Harvey, Syndergaard and Wheeler - a solid starting rotation core for years to come.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 00:01
    I would say they have even less of a chance than the Mets going on strength of division alone HOWEVER that will not keep me from my wishful thinking.

Re: The Mets. Noah Syndergaard is the real thing. Still can't believe the Jays traded him AND D'Arnaud away for Dickey 🙁 Harvey, Syndergaard and Wheeler - a solid starting rotation core for years to come.
    Niese isn't bad either but it's batting where the Mets will struggle again... Granderson getting $15 million a year and hitting .229 last season says it all.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 19:59
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Niese isn't bad either but it's batting where the Mets will struggle again... Granderson getting $15 million a year and hitting .229 last season says it all.
    $15M is almost $1715 an out.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Mar '14 19:17

Provided Harvey's arm responds well to the surgery
  14. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    17 Mar '14 08:01
    Marlins No-hit the Yankees in Panama.. note-worthy lol
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 01:32
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Marlins No-hit the Yankees in Panama.. note-worthy lol
    That's funny for a spring training game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree