1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    07 Nov '06 02:56
    Raiders - Seahawks

    😴
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    07 Nov '06 04:19
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Raiders - Seahawks

    😴
    Boring. Do you remember when Monday Night Football used to come on Sunday nights? It was so much better then.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    07 Nov '06 04:30
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Boring. Do you remember when Monday Night Football used to come on Sunday nights? It was so much better then.
    I think that was before I was born.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    07 Nov '06 04:32
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I think that was before I was born.
    No, it was only about 15 years ago. It was probably just before New Zealand had television that you don't remember it.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    07 Nov '06 04:571 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    No, it was only about 15 years ago. It was probably just before New Zealand had television that you don't remember it.
    Actually looking at wikipedia I can't see any reference to MNF being played any time other than Monday (apart from occasions to accomodate baseball playoffs or whatever). It was first suggested as Friday Night Football (we're talking 1964) but it's been MNF ever since then.
    Do you have a reference?
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    07 Nov '06 04:592 edits
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ

    Do you have a reference?
    www.espn.com

    "Traditionally held on Sunday nights, Monday Night Football will now be held on Monday nights."

    I don't see a date on the article. It was about 15 years ago.
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    07 Nov '06 05:50
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    www.espn.com

    "Traditionally held on Sunday nights, Monday Night Football will now be held on Monday nights."

    I don't see a date on the article. It was about 15 years ago.
    "Beginning in the 1970 NFL season, the National Football League began scheduling a weekly regular season game on Monday night before a national television audience. From 1970-2005, the ABC television network carried these games, with the ESPN cable television network taking over beginning in September 2006. Listed below are games played from 1990-2005."

    You can see all of the dates, teams and scores of MNF since the beginning here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Games_Pre-1970
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Football:_Year-by-Year_History_%281990-Present%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Football:_Year-by-Year_History_%281990-Present%29
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    07 Nov '06 05:56
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    "Beginning in the 1970 NFL season, the National Football League began scheduling a weekly regular season game on Monday night before a national television audience. From 1970-2005, the ABC television network carried these games, with the ESPN cable television network taking over beginning in September 2006. Listed below are games played from 1990-2005."
    ...[text shortened]... 9
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Football:_Year-by-Year_History_%281990-Present%29
    I'm pretty sure those are wrong. I'm surprised they're not marked as controversial on Wikipedia.

    At any rate, I think we can agree that Monday Night Football is particularly boring these days.
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    07 Nov '06 06:42
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I'm pretty sure those are wrong. I'm surprised they're not marked as controversial on Wikipedia.

    At any rate, I think we can agree that Monday Night Football is particularly boring these days.
    I don't know I can't watch it here.
  10. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    88
    08 Nov '06 16:57
    Monday night football has always been played on Monday nights since 1970... ESPN's Sunday night football broadcast (making it possible to watch 3 games in one day instead of just 2) lasted from 1987 to 2005.

    Howard Cosell even announced the news of John Lennon's assassination during a Monday Night football broadcast in 1980...
  11. over there
    Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    749
    08 Nov '06 20:58
    The Raiders are garbage. They have 4 hall of fame coaches, and a defense that is playing at playoff level. There offense just doesn't want to play.
  12. This is embarrasking
    Joined
    17 Nov '05
    Moves
    38386
    09 Nov '06 01:12
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I don't know I can't watch it here.
    I think someone is pulling you're (XxX scratch that) your leg. You may need to look that up.
Back to Top