1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 01:34
    image: http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2017/10/RUGBY-WORLD-Christmas-Default-1300x100-English-1.png

HomeTaking PartFitness
    Speed kills: the three keys to developing blistering rugby speed
    Simon Nainby May 28, 2015
    Argentina Strength and Conditioning Coach Keir Wenham-Flatt sets out his three key speed training methods to leave the opposition grasping at thin air

image: http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2015/05/Camacho-630.jpg

Gonzalo Camacho
    TAGS:FitnessHighlight
    If you remember one thing about this article make it this: speed is the most important physical quality you need to succeed in rugby. Strength may get all the accolades but in my experience speed is the true physical ability that separates great players from average players.

A coach I’m fond of quoting frequently says “getting strong is like falling out a boat and hitting water”, and he is right. There are strong players at every level of rugby. The biggest difference I’ve noticed between coaching international players and regular pros is their speed. To me it’s clear: if you want to be a great player, you have to be fast.

Read more at http://www.rugbyworld.com/takingpart/fitness-takingpart/speed-kills-the-three-keys-to-developing-blistering-rugby-speed-45502#42c5gupOkbZoZH4k.99
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 01:441 edit
    A common saying among football coaches in the US, speed kills, lack of speed is suicide.
  3. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 01:56
    Originally posted by @eladar
    image: http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2017/10/RUGBY-WORLD-Christmas-Default-1300x100-English-1.png

HomeTaking PartFitness
    Speed kills: the three keys to developing blistering rugby speed
    Simon Nainby May 28, 2015
    Argentina Strength and Conditioning Coach Keir Wenham-Flatt sets out his three key speed traini ...[text shortened]... ngpart/speed-kills-the-three-keys-to-developing-blistering-rugby-speed-45502#42c5gupOkbZoZH4k.99
    Man, this just goes to show how little you understand about the sport. If this were the case you would replace all the forwards with backs. You honestly have no idea.

I'll let BOTT handle this one as he is more an expert with rugby than myself. What you're saying there is just plain dumb.
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 01:58
    A common saying among football coaches in the US, speed kills, lack of speed is suicide.
    There's too much speed associated with your sport. Do you snort it or smoke it ? Haven't had anything to do with it over here. We believe in keeping out athletes clean.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 02:20
    I am just stating agreement with the experts in the article.
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 02:23
    I am just stating agreement with the experts in the article.
    Must have been written by someone in America who has absolutely no idea. Probably a gridiron coach I'd say.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 08:13
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Must have been written by someone in America who has absolutely no idea. Probably a gridiron coach I'd say.
    The expert was from Argentina I think.
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 08:42
    The expert was from Argentina I think.
    Must be a gridiron coach.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 00:01
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Must be a gridiron coach.
    No, Rugby.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree