Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    01 Jan '08 05:59
    Did anyone catch the terrific motorcycle jump by the Australian fellow Robbie Maddison for New Years Eve?

    He is a god!
  2. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    01 Jan '08 06:04
    His distance was just shy of 323 feet. Sixty feet in height. My wife and I watched it and really enjoyed it. After his first jump he says "I'm going again." His second was a little shorter. But not by much. Just terrific.
  3. 02 Jan '08 05:01
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    His distance was just shy of 323 feet. Sixty feet in height. My wife and I watched it and really enjoyed it. After his first jump he says "I'm going again." His second was a little shorter. But not by much. Just terrific.
    Caught that on the news last night. Not a big fan of this stuff, but even a non follower has to appreciate how incredible that jump was, it was like he was riding a rocket!
  4. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    02 Jan '08 07:45
    Here it is. Over twice Evil Knievel's record of 151 ft.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvqbo3cH_xA
  5. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    02 Jan '08 13:49
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Caught that on the news last night. Not a big fan of this stuff, but even a non follower has to appreciate how incredible that jump was, it was like he was riding a rocket!
    Yeah, I'm not a big follower of motorcycle racing or motoX etc. But it was pretty cool. That dude has got nerves of steel. It was pretty fun to watch. Here it is two days later and I'm still thinking of it.
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    02 Jan '08 15:18
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Here it is. Over twice Evil Knievel's record of 151 ft.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvqbo3cH_xA
    Let's see him break 151 on a Harley Road Bike with about 2 inches of suspension.

    Evel Knievel was a REAL MAN.

    P-
  7. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    03 Jan '08 14:12
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Let's see him break 151 on a Harley Road Bike with about 2 inches of suspension.

    Evel Knievel was a REAL MAN.

    P-
    I was talking about that with a co-worker yesterday. Evel got his bikes right off the showroom floor probably. Just plain stock.
  8. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    03 Jan '08 15:37
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    I was talking about that with a co-worker yesterday. Evel got his bikes right off the showroom floor probably. Just plain stock.
    Give Evel a modern bike back when he was doing his thing strong and he'd have jumped The Mighty Mississippi!

    P-