1. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 05:101 edit
    So its that time of year again. My Lakers limped into the playoffs in spite of being marred with injuries all season. Moreover, we got the seventh seed, which means we get to avoid OKC and the Clippers, who are horrible matchups for the Lakers. Anyways, here are my predictions for the first round:

Eastern Conference

Heat v. Bucks - Heat win 4-0
    *I am rooting for the Bucks, however, because I don't like the Heat.

Nets v. Bulls - Nets win 4-3
    *This should be a good series. The Bulls will give the Nets a good fight, but D-Will will be the difference maker in the end (man I wish Rose was playing).

Indiana v. Atlanta - Indiana win 4-1
    *Meh, not too excited for this series.

Knicks v. Celtics - Knicks win 4-3
    *The Pierce-KG era Celtics have always been a tough out. However, I think the Knicks will prove too much for the Celtics this year. Melo wins his first playoff series.

Western Conference

Thunder v. Rockets - Thunder win 4-1
    *The Thunder are just too good for the Rockets. I will be rooting for the Rockets, however, because the Thunder are a touch matchup for the Lakers.

Clippers v. Griz - Griz win 4-3
    *I am not to sure who will prevail in this series. Both teams play drastically different styles. The Clippers are up-tempo (Lob City), while the Griz like to "grind-it-out." I think whoever can impose their style on the other will prevail. I am rooting for the Griz because they are a better matchup for the Lakers, and because it would be fun to watch some old school big men battles between Zebo-Gasol and Howard-Gasol.

Nuggets v. Warriors - Nuggets win 4-2
    *The Nuggets are scary good and they are possibly a sleeper that could win the 'Ship. I don't want to see them in the Second Round. Thus, I am rooting for the Warriors.

Spurs v. Lakers - Lakers win 4-2
    *Of course, I am bias. However, I think the Lakers have a good shot against the Spurs, a team that isn't healthy right now. Howard and Gasol will matchup against Duncan, and I think that matchup could wear Duncan out in a seven-game series. Duncan, after all, turns 37 on April 27th. Parker and Ginobili's health is a key question in this series. Obviously the Spurs will have a big advantage on the perimeter if Parker and Ginobili return to form. However, it looks like Nash will return for Game 1 as well. Although Nash is limited due to his age, he is still a great passer and scorer in spurts (and clutch too). He should be able to get Gasol the ball early in the offense, which has been a key issue for the Lakers's offense since Kobe went down.

Who do you predict will win in Round One? Who are you rooting for?
  2. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 12:271 edit
    Heat over Bucks in 4
    Nets over Bulls in 5
    Indiana over Hawks in 6
    Knicks over Celtics in 7

Thunder over Rockets in 4
    Clippers over Grizzlies in 5
    Nuggets over Warriors in 7
    Spurs over Lakers in 4

I'm rooting for King James as I have $100 bet from the end of last season that they would repeat.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 16:52
    Go Bulls!

Boooo Lakers!
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 04:42
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Spurs over Lakers in 4
    Bold prediction Zamboner man. XD
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 09:50
    Heat over Bucks in 4
    Nets over Bulls in 5
    Indiana over Hawks in 6
    Knicks over Celtics in 7

Spurs over Lakers in 4

I'm rooting for King James as I have $100 bet from the end of last season that they would repeat.
    I agree except I think the Bulls will win against the Nets. I also don't think either the Celtics or Warriors will push their opponents to 7; Denver's been dominate and the Celts are a mess right now. I think the Lakers will get a couple of wins against the Spurs and might force a Game 7.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 22:16
    I hadn't realized Gallinari was out for the playoffs. That makes Denver a good bit less likely to win the West.

The less said about the Celts in Game 1 today the better. Terry, Lee and Crawford all picked up to provide offense did not make a single shot (0-8 total in 51 aggregate minutes). 78 points, 25 in the 2nd half (only 2 above the record NBA low for a playoff half) isn't going to do it. A Knick sweep doesn't look out of the question.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 23:21
    Heat over Bucks in 4
    Nets over Bulls in 5
    Indiana over Hawks in 6
    Knicks over Celtics in 7

Spurs over Lakers in 4

This is who i would like to win:
    Heat, Bulls, Hawks, Celtics, Don't care who win any of the western matches but the spurs to beat the lakers.
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 04:00
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I hadn't realized Gallinari was out for the playoffs. That makes Denver a good bit less likely to win the West.

The less said about the Celts in Game 1 today the better. Terry, Lee and Crawford all picked up to provide offense did not make a single shot (0-8 total in 51 aggregate minutes). 78 points, 25 in the 2nd half (only 2 above the re ...[text shortened]... low for a playoff half) isn't going to do it. A Knick sweep doesn't look out of the question.
    Gallinari is a big piece because he is a valuable shotmaker and because he has good size defensively on the perimeter (and he is good for 1 or 2 flops a game). However, the remaining Nugget team is still very dangerous, at least to my old, slow Lakers. The Nuggets are simply too fast for the Lakers and I am afraid the Nuggets will capitalize on long three point misses by the Lakers by getting easy buckets on the fast break.

I thought the Celtics played a competitive game today. IDK about Lee and Crawford, but the Jet will score more over the course of the series. I don't see the Knicks getting out of the 1st Round without a fight. Also, screw the Celtics. 😉
  9. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 12:19
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Bold prediction Zamboner man. XD
    That one was for you. 😉
  10. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 12:211 edit
    I agree except I think the Bulls will win against the Nets. I also don't think either the Celtics or Warriors will push their opponents to 7; Denver's been dominate and the Celts are a mess right now. I think the Lakers will get a couple of wins against the Spurs and might force a Game 7.
    I like the Warriors team and I think they have a chance to push Denver to seven games or even upset them. You're probably right about the Celtics though.

Big game tonight for the Nets who would like a two game lead heading back to Chicago.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 17:18
    I like the Warriors team and I think they have a chance to push Denver to seven games or even upset them. You're probably right about the Celtics though.

Big game tonight for the Nets who would like a two game lead heading back to Chicago.
    The Warriors played gritty in Game 1 but that type of loss takes a lot out of you. Plus David Lee is now out for the rest of the playoffs and the team's stats aren't nearly as good with him off the floor (see the box here):http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9196513/2013-nba-playoffs-golden-state-warriors-lose-david-lee-playoffs-hip-injury

Bulls definitely need a bounce back or you could be right and the Nets make it a short series.
  12. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 17:47
    The Warriors played gritty in Game 1 but that type of loss takes a lot out of you. Plus David Lee is now out for the rest of the playoffs and the team's stats aren't nearly as good with him off the floor (see the box here):http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9196513/2013-nba-playoffs-golden-state-warriors-lose-david-lee-playoffs-hip-injury
    ...[text shortened]... Bulls definitely need a bounce back or you could be right and the Nets make it a short series.
    Indeed, that's a big loss.
  13. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 17:48
    In the end, I see another OKC-Heat finals. Not very original, I know...
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 18:36
    In the end, I see another OKC-Heat finals. Not very original, I know...
    Sadly so do I.
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 20:28
    Sad to see Lee go down.

The uptempo play in the Houston-OKC series is fun to watch even if OKC ends up sweeping Houston.

The Lakers need to step up big time or else they will get swept. I hope Nash was just rusty for Game 1.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree