12 Mar '07 12:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 18:16
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    UCLA didn't get a #1, they're #2 behind Kansas. I would've like to see Wisconsin get a #1, since I don't think they've ever had one and they had a better record than North Carolina, who gets seeded high every year. And they gave Ohio State one of only 3 losses and nearly beat them again.

Florida got a #1 because they won the season and the tournament. They have their entire team back from last year, which made them overall #1 because they already have a 'winning formula'.

Drexel should have gotten in. Based purely on record and strength of schedule they were ahead of at least 3 teams (Illinois, Arkansas, and Purdue). Same with Syracuse no doubt.

Yup, pretty terrible bracketing this year. They seem to have over-loaded some of the brackets, too.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 18:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. over there
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 20:32
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I agree. I think Wisconsin deserved a #1 seed and Florida a #2. I also think Drexel and Air Force should have gotten in. Terrible...
  5. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:16
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    I agree. I think Wisconsin deserved a #1 seed and Florida a #2. I also think Drexel and Air Force should have gotten in. Terrible...
    I agree with most comments here, pool is mediocre at best, and Syracuse most definitely deserves a bid over many schools. However, Florida tore through their tournament like melted butter. They have an extra gear that I haven't seen in any other team
  6. over there
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:25
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I agree with most comments here, pool is mediocre at best, and Syracuse most definitely deserves a bid over many schools. However, Florida tore through their tournament like melted butter. They have an extra gear that I haven't seen in any other team
    I think any of the high seeded teams would have. The SEC doesn't have much going for them in basketball.
  7. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:48
    The SEC is not the strongest in basketball, but I was just saying how strong Florida looks. They played OSU earlier this year, and destroyed them.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 01:56
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Wisconsin got destroyed in the Big Ten final; Florida's the defending champion and won their tournament easily. I think that Drexel should have got in, but I can see Arkansas - they did reach the SEC finals (league tournaments factor in big for bubble teams). I'm puzzled how Stanford made it though; 18-12 hardly seems good enough when Syracuse and Kansas State won 22 games.
  9. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 02:44
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Wisconsin got destroyed in the Big Ten final; Florida's the defending champion and won their tournament easily. I think that Drexel should have got in, but I can see Arkansas - they did reach the SEC finals (league tournaments factor in big for bubble teams). I'm puzzled how Stanford made it though; 18-12 hardly seems good enough when Syracuse and Kansas State won 22 games.
    I say extend Mach Madness from 65 teams to 75 teams in this way the bubble teams would get in and so would more Mid Majors.
  10. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 04:11
    Originally posted by richfeet
    I say extend Mach Madness from 65 teams to 75 teams in this way the bubble teams would get in and so would more Mid Majors.
    That's why they have the NIT 😉
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 06:53
    Originally posted by richfeet
    And have what - 11 play in games? That's a dumb idea - 64 breaks down evenly in each round and they should have stayed with that number.
  12. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 20:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    And have what - 11 play in games? That's a dumb idea - 64 breaks down evenly in each round and they should have stayed with that number.
    I agree. The current size works but it only works if you pick the right teams. Granted there always seems to be mistakes, but this year it seemed pretty blatant that they picked mediocre major school teams over good sub-major teams. Especially from the Big Ten. I can agree with Michigan State getting in, but not Purdue or Illinois.

Matching Butler and Old Dominion seems like a mistake to me as well. To mid-majors in the first round doesn't help anything, just decreases the upset chances later on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree