1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 12:574 edits
    Most probably know that I'm a Ohio State football fan, but that does not keep me from protesting the fact that their QB, JT Barrett, just got arrested for drunk driving and is only going to be suspended for 2 weeks. He could have killed someone.

Meanwhile, their former coach Tressel was fired after covering up the fact that his players got tattoos and the said players suspended for the year. How does that even make sense? How can lying about tattoos be any worse than almost killing someone?

I suppose it is the same rage that is within me after witnessing Penn State University covering up a scandal that included one of their football coaches using a charity for young boys as a cover for pimping them out to rich pedophiles, but inexplicably the NCAA repealed many of their penalties for doing so. Penn State should not even have a football team after covering for those scum, let alone repeal the penalties for the said transgression.

I suppose it is merely the state of the world and the human condition. I think the reason it so repugnant in the world of sports for me is that many of us turn to sports as an outlet to get away from the injustice and filth we are forced to bath in everyday. 😞
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 02:241 edit
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 14:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    Most probably know that I'm a Ohio State football fan, but that does not keep me from protesting the fact that their QB, JT Barrett, just got arrested for drunk driving and is only going to be suspended for 2 weeks. He could have killed someone.

Meanwhile, their former coach Tressel was fired after covering up the fact that his players got tattoos and the ...[text shortened]... ts as an outlet to get away from the injustice and filth we are forced to bath in everyday. 😞
    JT Barrett was suspended for one week.
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 17:28

Meanwhile, their former coach Tressel was fired after covering up the fact that his players got tattoos and the ...[text shortened]... ts as an outlet to get away from the injustice and filth we are forced to bath in everyday. 😞
    What can I say Whodey....it's a world gone mad!

In the 6 decades I've walked this earth, I found if you look for the good things around you, you'll find them. If you look for the bad things around you, you'll find them too. We cannot always control what goes on around us....but we can control how we react to it. 🙂
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 15:45
    Originally posted by bill718
    What can I say Whodey....it's a world gone mad!

In the 6 decades I've walked this earth, I found if you look for the good things around you, you'll find them. If you look for the bad things around you, you'll find them too. We cannot always control what goes on around us....but we can control how we react to it. 🙂
    So what is the good in all this bill?
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    12 Nov '15 15:43
    So what is the good in all this bill?
    You have much to learn young one....😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree