Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    16 Sep '15 15:59
    Yes, we missed week 1 but we can still do it.

    Winner gets congratulated by all others as the prescient NFL genius on RHP.

    Rules are simple:

    1. Every week (on or before Saturday or Thursday if you want to pick a Thursday game), each person must pick an NFL team who the person believes will win the coming game.

    2. If your team wins, you play on. Otherwise, you're out. No spreads or points. Just a simple win or loss.

    3. You can only pick a team once. If you pick New England in week 2, you can't pick them again in week 12. So choose wisely and don't "waste" good teams when you don't need them.

    Who's in?
  2. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    17 Sep '15 03:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Yes, we missed week 1 but we can still do it.

    Winner gets congratulated by all others as the prescient NFL genius on RHP.

    Rules are simple:

    1. Every week (on or before Saturday or Thursday if you want to pick a Thursday game), each person must pick an NFL team who the person believes will win the coming game.

    2. If your team wins, you play on. Other ...[text shortened]... in week 12. So choose wisely and don't "waste" good teams when you don't need them.

    Who's in?
    2015 NFL Week #2: Tennessee Titans to win (opponent: Cleveland Browns)

    Note: Nice thread.
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    17 Sep '15 13:58
    Anyone else?

    I'm taking New Orleans at home against Tampa Bay.
  4. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    17 Sep '15 21:59
    Originally posted by sh76
    Anyone else?

    I'm taking New Orleans at home against Tampa Bay.
    Good pick: barring the unforeseen, New Orleans appears to be a prohibitive favorite with Spreads/Morning Lines as high as -10.5.....
  5. 18 Sep '15 21:38
    I think New Orleans at home against a bad team is a great pick. But it's no fun if everyone picks the same thing. So I will take Baltimore at Oakland.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    20 Sep '15 22:42 / 1 edit
    LOL!

    Out already.

  7. 20 Sep '15 22:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    LOL!

    Out already.

    i think I'll keep my day job. I really liked your pick and it looks like my pick will lose too.
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    21 Sep '15 18:21
    Okay, we all lost.

    Want to start over?

  9. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    21 Sep '15 19:37
    Originally posted by sh76
    LOL!

    Out already.

    Me, too.

    2nd chance?
  10. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    21 Sep '15 19:40
    Originally posted by sh76
    Okay, we all lost.

    Want to start over?

    Sure. How about a modified format which allows the option of one new pick each week with one point awarded on a weekly basis?
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    24 Sep '15 16:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Sure. How about a modified format which allows the option of one new pick each week with one point awarded on a weekly basis?
    Okay.

    I pick New England over Jacksonville.

    Hey, I need a win.
  12. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    26 Sep '15 15:35
    Originally posted by sh76
    Okay.

    I pick New England over Jacksonville.

    Hey, I need a win.
    And I pick Atlanta over Dallas.

    Thank you.