Colts over Patriots

49ers over Panthers

Broncos over Chargers
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 01:574 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    But when they play the chargers a team most people never heard of you need to pick the Bengals.
    Let me put this in better perspective for you RB. Being a former Bengal fan, I can splain things better for ya.

The Bungs were taken over in 1990 after the death of Paul Brown. His son Mike subsequently took them over. Over the next decade the Bungs became the laughing stalk of the NFL. The Bungs were so bad, that they erected a tarp for their home team on the side lines so that their fans would not pelt them with anything they could grab. Then to add insult to injury, Mike Brown demanded a new stadium built courtesy of the tax payers. However, he continued the misery of the Bungs, not having any winning seasons for over a decade. Then the city sued him because in the contract to build the new stadium it read that the city was providing him with the stadium to field a "competitive team". They underlined the word competitive and claimed that he had violated the contract because their teams continue to suck. Next thing you know Mike Brown gets Marvin Lewis and Carson Palmer and company and go to their first playoff game in over a decade, and then lose. But now the city can no longer say that they don't field competitive teams because they actually made it to the playoffs.

Here are some numbers that should tell you what kind of organization the Bungs are.

1. There are 4 teams to begin the year 0-6 four times in NFL history. The Bungs are not only one of them, they have done it six times, five of which were under Mike Brown.
    2. The Bungs have gone the longest stretch in the NFL for not winning a playoff game. This includes lowly teams like the Browns and Detroit. I think it now spans 24 years.
    3. The Bungs were rated, not just the worst NFL franchise in the NFL, but in all of professional sports by ESPN.
    4. The entire family runs the organization. Mike Brown is a control freak that does not even allow a GM. He hires mostly family members to do all the work instead of qualified people.

If you really want to know how dysfunctional the organization is, just ask Carson Palmer. He flat out refused to play for them anymore, which cost him $50 million. That's right, Carson flushed $50 million down the toilet just to not play for them anymore.

To top it all off, when Mike Brown dies, which I doubt he ever will, he will leave the team to his daughter.

In short, there is no hope for this franchise. Just for future reference, a bet against this team in the playoffs is easy money in the bank.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 03:22
    Broncos

Colts

Saints (I GOT BALLS!!!)

49ers
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 03:55
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Broncos

Colts

Saints (I GOT BALLS!!!)

49ers
    Balls are sensitive?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 07:42
    NFL Lines Divisional Playoffs - NFL Football Line
    Divisional Playoff Games
    NFL Game Lines 1/11 - 1//b12, 2014

Date & Time / Favorite / Line / Underdog / Total

1/11 4:35 ET At Seattle -8 New Orleans 48

1/11 8:15 ET At New England -7.5 Indianapolis 52.5

1/12 1:05 ET San Francisco -1.5 At Carolina 43

1/12 4:40 ET At Denver -10 San Diego 54.5

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_lines.shtml
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 14:37
    Denver 45 San Diego 21
    Indy 38 New England 35
    San Francisco 17 Carolina 21
    New Orleans 17 Seattle 41
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 19:491 edit
    Divisional Playoff Games
    1/11 - 1/12, 2014

Seattle -8 New Orleans

New England -7.5 Indianapolis (Tough Choice)

San Francisco -1.5 At Carolina

At Denver -10 San Diego (Upset of the 2013 NFL Season)

2013 NFL Super Bowl Picks (Early Bird, Tentative)

AFC:
    SD* or NE

NFC: NO** or SF

* Big if, if they get past Denver
    ** Longshot Super Bowl Winner
  9. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 19:46
    Broncos

Colts

Saints (I GOT BALLS!!!)

49ers
    More like Bias.

If I were a Niner fan I would prefer that the Seahawks win(which is the most likely scenario in any case) so that the Niners can go into their house and beat them. Just to hear the sweet musical silence of the rival teams fans.
  10. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 23:591 edit
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    More like Bias.

If I were a Niner fan I would prefer that the Seahawks win(which is the most likely scenario in any case) so that the Niners can go into their house and beat them. Just to hear the sweet musical silence of the rival teams fans.
    I'm actually pretty close to 50/50 on the game. The Saints are a really good team and with the whooping they took this year I think they're going to come at them hard. I lean slightly toward Saints for an upset.

But if you want call it "bais" because talking smack on the internet makes you feel good, then knock yourself out.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 05:09
    Chargers

Pats

Niners

Seahawks
  12. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 07:07
    I'm actually pretty close to 50/50 on the game. The Saints are a really good team and with the whooping they took this year I think they're going to come at them hard. I lean slightly toward Saints for an upset.

But if you want call it "bais" because talking smack on the internet makes you feel good, then knock yourself out.
    Lol pointing out your bias is talking smack? Are you really in the military?
  13. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 14:27
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Lol pointing out your bias is talking smack? Are you really in the military?
    And it's still talking smack. Picking an underdog doesn't de facto make someone biased. Two of my picks last week were underdogs. Stop pretending you know me.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 15:311 edit
    Are either of you goofs gonna make picks or are you just gonna swing your dicks at each other?

EDIT - I see the army man has already made his.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 18:10
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Are either of you goofs gonna make picks or are you just gonna swing your dicks at each other?

EDIT - I see the army man has already made his.
    He didn't even pick last week. He just came in here making noise from the back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree