1. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 17:08
    1. San Francisco 49ers @ Atlanta Falcons
    Two woeful teams battle it out. The only drought relief in Georgia's future will be the Niners raining on the Falcon's parade.
    Winner: San Francisco

2.Cincinnati Bengals @ Buffalo Bills
    The Bengals continue to underachieve with their offensive talent, and with a defense giving up 30 points a game, and playing away from home... clearly the Bills with that final-drive 85-yard touchdown bomb fresh in their minds are sure to... and what made that bomb from Losman to Lee Evans work? Was it a play from deep in their playbook for just this special occasion? Was it something being set up all game? Was it a clever read of the 2-deep Tango-y cover safety-roll that tipped Losman? Was it that special eye-contact and almost telepathic bond that quarterback and wide receivers sometimes share? Said Losman: "Roscoe [Parrish] or Lee [Evans], I had to take a pick." Nuff' said.
    Winner: Cincinnati

3.Denver Broncos @ Detroit Lions
    Nagging injuries to key players on the Broncos (RB Henry, WR Walker, CB Bailey, CB Bly) make the hometown Lions the favorites. Cutler's propensity for picks will serve up a key interception for the Lions who lead the league in takeaways. After every Lions win, Kitna's face expands a half-inch; fans should invest in a Widescreen TV if they haven't done so already.
    Winner: Lions

4.Green Bay Packers @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Making amazing passing plays in one game invariably leads Brett Favre to believe he can walk on water (or at least a very thick whey) and he will ignore such things as tight coverage... or double coverage... or triple coverage... "I'm Brett Favre, I can do it!" he says as he heaves the ball left-handed into the air while falling backward with both eyes closed. I really like Brett, but mistakes at Arrowhead are quickly punished if the crowd is into the game, and I think they will be.
    Winner: Kansas City

5.San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings
    This is that time of year when the Vikings go into hibernation and fade from the playoff picture. Tomlinson and Peterson may be a push at RB, but Rivers has the edge over the injured Holcomb who tried to use his own head as a pogo-stick last week.
    Winner: San Diego

6. Jacksonville Jaguars @ New Orleans Saints
    The Jags have shown they can win on the road in tough stadiums (Denver, KC) and the Saints have shown that the black pants of their home-game uniforms make their butts look big.
    Winner: Jacksonville

7. Washington Redskins @ NY Jets
    Both teams will cry together at how the big bad Patriots were so mean to them earlier in the year. Then Coach Gibbs will smack Coach Mangini in the mouth and make him wear a dress. The traitorous Mangini has lost the confidence of the owners, the players, and the fans. Look for another post-game interview with a look of disbelief, defeat, and confusion plastered across Mangini's face as he is forced to confront his complete lack of talent as a coach and realizes his only momentary worth was as a catspaw against his former team, the Patriots. I hate you, Mangini. I HATE YOU.
    Winner: Washington

8. Arizona Cardinals @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    This is the time of year that Kurt Warner's chronically injured thumb begins to feel the wear and tear of the NFL season. One good scowl by John Gruden and the thumb will collapse. Gotta go for the home team.
    Winner: Tampa Bay

9. Carolina Panthers @ Tennessee Titans
    Not much to say on this one. Both teams are suffering injuries at key positions, but the Titans seem to be hanging tough, so I'm going with the home team again.
    Winner: Tennessee

10. Seattle Seahawks @ Cleveland Browns
    Shaun Alexander continues to fade, and its a sad fact in the NFL that running backs have the shortest average career of only 6 years. Sadly, I think Mr. Alexander has reached the twilight of his career. The surprising Browns have not lost a home game yet. And Braylon Edwards has a fine commercial.
    Winner: Cleveland

11. New England Patriots @ Indianapolis Colts
    Winner: New England

12.Houston Texans @ Oakland Raiders
    Houston's anemic offense will look even more anemic against Oaklands defense which seems to specialize in making anemic teams look even more anemic. Anemic. Uhhh-neeeeeee-mic. aNeMiC!11! Oh, sorry. Look for the Oakland defense to hold their third straight opponent to 14pts or less.
    Winner: Oakland

13. Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles
    The only way the Eagles can steal this game from the Cowboys is if Coach Andy Reid hires his two sons onto the roster. The 'Boys are too much for the 'Gles'.
    Winner: Dallas

14. Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    This is just a good old smashmouth football game. Terrible weather would only make the game even better. The Steelers are too good overall, and they're the home team.
    Winner: Pittsburgh

15. St. Louis Rams and Miami Dolphins
    Both hapless teams have a bye week and a chance to plot their final strategy on their run to 0-16.
    Winner: the fans
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 17:40
    0-16 baby!
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 17:58
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Two woeful teams battle it out. The only drought relief in Georgia's future will be the Niners raining on the Falcon's parade.
    Winner: [b]San Francisco

The Bengals continue to underachieve with their offensive talent, and with a defense giving up 30 points a game, and ...[text shortened]... e to plot their final strategy on their run to 0-16.
    Winner: the fans[/b]
    That was pretty good DR. Did you write that. I almost agree with the whole thing. Especially the Miami Rams Bye week. Good job. There might be an upset or two in there like the Texans might do a little better than you think. Although they have been breathing a lot of really bad air lately.
  4. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 18:22
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    That was pretty good DR. Did you write that. I almost agree with the whole thing. Especially the Miami Rams Bye week. Good job. There might be an upset or two in there like the Texans might do a little better than you think. Although they have been breathing a lot of really bad air lately.
    Yup, its all mine, thanks! 🙂

Yeah, I agree with you that a lot of my picks can easily swing the other way, but I haven't picked an entire week of games yet this year so I thought I'd give it a shot. Your pick of the Texans is a good one, Green Bay could easily have a good day over KC if Favre gets hot, and a game like 49ers@Falcons is really a toss up -- but that's the fun of trying to pick 'em. Any given Sunday...

Can't wait for the Pats/Colts game!

IRNG 240
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 18:26

The Bengals continue to underachieve with their offensive talent, and with a defense giving up 30 points a game, and ...[text shortened]... e to plot their final strategy on their run to 0-16.
    Falcons over Niners
    Bills over Bengals (not enough close!)
    Broncos over Lions
    Colts over Patriots
    Eagles over Cowboys
  6. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 21:18
    Rams WONT lose!
  7. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 23:50
    Right call on the Chargers! They're turning the ship around I'm loving it.

LTLTLTLTLTLTLTLTLTLTLTLTLTLTLT
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 03:23

I totally agree on everything you said about point 11 NE over Colts.

Well said.

P-
  9. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 19:38
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I totally agree on everything you said about point 11 NE over Colts.

Well said.

P-
    I'm glad you picked up on the what-would-bill-belichick-do subtlety of Point 11; i was hoping someone would appreciate it.

IRNG 1
  10. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 23:56
    Yup, its all mine, thanks! 🙂

Yeah, I agree with you that a lot of my picks can easily swing the other way, but I haven't picked an entire week of games yet this year so I thought I'd give it a shot. Your pick of the Texans is a good one, Green Bay could easily have a good day over KC if Favre gets hot, and a game like 49ers@Falcons is really a toss up ...[text shortened]... ing to pick 'em. Any given Sunday...

Can't wait for the Pats/Colts game!

IRNG 240
    Good call on the Titans! I think they've proven they can hang with the best teams, only losing to the Colts by two! Not to mention they have one of the top rushing offense in the league and the top rushing defense in the league and top 5 in total defense. So my Titans are doing alright and Carolina is not that good so it should be a pretty good win, at least I hope so.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 02:02
    I'm glad you picked up on the what-would-bill-belichick-do subtlety of Point 11; i was hoping someone would appreciate it.

IRNG 1
    I think The Hoodie might have said, "Indy is a great team on and off the field, one of the best. We have our work cut out for us this week, considering their adherence to excellence, hard work, and perseverance. We're going to need to take this game one snap at a time, one carry, one drive, one score at a time. We'll sleep, wake up, eat, practice, eat, rest, practice, eat, sleep and start all over again. We've going to need to stop the ball on the line, cover the men in the secondary, keep our eye on the prize, and control the clock. Indy can do all these things also, we're just going to need to do it better if we want to win. They are a great team."

P-
  12. Joined
    03 Mar '07
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 11:21
    While the Seahawks running game is woeful atm, we are starting to use Morris and Weaver alot more, so I think it may pick up. This game will come down to Hassleback being on his game, and whether or not the Browns D can stop him.
  13. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 13:55
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think The Hoodie might have said, "Indy is a great team on and off the field, one of the best. We have our work cut out for us this week, considering their adherence to excellence, hard work, and perseverance. We're going to need to take this game one snap at a time, one carry, one drive, one score at a time. We'll sleep, wake up, eat, practice, ea ...[text shortened]... e just going to need to do it better if we want to win. They are a great team."

P-
    You are one with The Hoodie!

Speaking of what people are speaking...

Jerry Jones: ""Not to take anything away from Tom Brady, but I believe that you could put a player in (for Brady) and do what they do at New England and win ... I personally believe I could make it for a game or two without Brady."

They never learn.

IRNG 3
  14. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 14:08
    Originally posted by Leaadas
    While the Seahawks running game is woeful atm, we are starting to use Morris and Weaver alot more, so I think it may pick up. This game will come down to Hassleback being on his game, and whether or not the Browns D can stop him.
    I just read that Hasselbeck was still a bit bothered by the strained oblique muscle he pulled during the Rams game, but he thinks he'll be fine by game time. I didn't know about Morris and Weaver; they look to be running effectively. Good luck in your game this week!
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 15:00
    You are one with The Hoodie!

Speaking of what people are speaking...

Jerry Jones: ""Not to take anything away from Tom Brady, but I believe that you could put a player in (for Brady) and do what they do at New England and win ... I personally believe I could make it for a game or two without Brady."

They never learn.

IRNG 3
    I guess he missed Matt Castle. Ignorant!

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree