NL AL Regular Season MLB Games

NL AL Regular Season MLB Games

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 Oct 08

Wouldn't it be better to use NL rules at the AL parks and AL rules at the NL park so the home fan gets to see a new brand of baseball in regular season play?

To preserve Home Field in the World Series, the rules should be for the home team, but I think AL fans might get a kick out of seeing their pitcher bat, while NL fans might enjoy having a slugger come to bat.

Thoughts?

P-

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
06 Oct 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Wouldn't it be better to use NL rules at the AL parks and AL rules at the NL park so the home fan gets to see a new brand of baseball in regular season play?

To preserve Home Field in the World Series, the rules should be for the home team, but I think AL fans might get a kick out of seeing their pitcher bat, while NL fans might enjoy having a slugger come to bat.

Thoughts?

P-
As a purist, I am not fond of the DH. But, if they have have to use it in the "junior circuit" then let them use it in their ballpark. Why subject the NL fans to the bastardization of the true game? 😛

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Oct 08

Originally posted by shortcircuit
As a purist, I am not fond of the DH. But, if they have have to use it in the "junior circuit" then let them use it in their ballpark. Why subject the NL fans to the bastardization of the true game? 😛
Bastardization? It's called an improvement, modernization of the game.

There was a time when a batter had to call his 'strike zone' as Hight or Low, and a pitcher would need to put the ball in that general area. There were no balz, and a batter wouldn't even need to swing.

They came up with 3 strikes and 4 balls to make the game better.

I don't see you complaining about that rule, you purist snob! Pitchers can't hit, and you sure don't want your ace out of the game because they got skulled at the plate or broke their leg running the bases. Nuf Sed!

P-

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
06 Oct 08
1 edit

Bastardization? It's called an improvement, modernization of the game.

There was a time when a batter had to call his 'strike zone' as Hight or Low, and a pitcher would need to put the ball in that general area. There were no balz, and a batter wouldn't even need to swing.

They came up with 3 strikes and 4 balls to make the game better.

I don't cause they got skulled at the plate or broke their leg running the bases. Nuf Sed!

P-
While it is true enough that many pitchers don't hit particularly well, there are several position players who don't hit their weight (or the Mendoza line). There are several pitchers in the NL that I would take in a heartbeat, the first of which is Micah Owings, Carlos Zambrano, Mike Hampton, Adam Wainwright, Roy Oswalt, Brandon Backe, Rick Ankiel (he couldn't pitch, so they made him an OF), and there are several others who are decent with the stick.

I also believe that you should force the manager to make the choice between leaving his pitcher in the game or pinch hitting in a crucial situation. It makes the game more tactical than it is in the AL.

If pitchers can't run the bases, then why are they perpetually used as pinch runners? There are so many plodding runners on the BoSox, this could help to improve your proficiency on the basepaths and allow you to score a run to finish a game rather than lose it in extra innings.

d

Moves
06 Oct 08

One thing for sure: Pitchers, when you're running the bases, take off the damn jacket! You look like idiots.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Oct 08

...allow you to score a run to finish a game rather than lose it in extra innings.
😠

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Oct 08

While it is true enough that many pitchers don't hit particularly well, there are several position players who don't hit their weight (or the Mendoza line). There are several pitchers in the NL that I would take in a heartbeat, the first of which is Micah Owings, Carlos Zambrano, Mike Hampton, Adam Wainwright, Roy Oswalt, Brandon Backe, Rick Ankiel (he ...[text shortened]... asepaths and allow you to score a run to finish a game rather than lose it in extra innings.
Listen, I enjoy small ball as much as the next guy... but most pitchers are just another sure out.

Plus, chicks dig the long ball!

P-

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
06 Oct 08

Plus, chicks dig the long ball!

P-
True, but they like winners even more.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
06 Oct 08

Originally posted by darvlay
One thing for sure: Pitchers, when you're running the bases, take off the damn jacket! You look like idiots.
Hey, you have to protect your wing!! You can't hurl grenades at the enemy with a broken wing.