1. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 05:35
    With heavy winds in the weather report for Monday Night Football, and the New England air-attack sure to suffer in the blustery confines of the Baltimore stadium, ESPN clearly felt this was the night that the Patriots were gonna get theirs, despite the network's transparent attempt at neutrality. With no expense spared, Don Shula was flown to the game where he was fawned over by the cast and crew, guffawing in smug confidence as if the outcome of the game was a foregone conclusion. As the game continued with Kolber and Kornheiser oh-so-subtley sowing the seeds of imminent downfall of the once-mighty Patriot Nation, Bill Belichick & Company played Jonathan E. to Goodell & Shula's Bartholomew. Two fourth-downs could not stop them. Holding Ravens could not stop them. The weather could not stop them. Time could not stop them. Ravens 24, Patriots 27. Sorry Don, the complimentary limo from the airport to the stadium was one-way. Take a cab.

ESPN's Shula experiment: FAIL!
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 05:421 edit
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    With heavy winds in the weather report for Monday Night Football, and the New England air-attack sure to suffer in the blustery confines of the Baltimore stadium, ESPN clearly felt this was the night that the Patriots were gonna get theirs, despite the network's transparent attempt at neutrality. With no expense spared, Don Shula was flown to the game whe the airport to the stadium was one-way. Take a cab.

ESPN's Shula experiment: [b]FAIL!
    [/b]
    MY GOD! First ESPN turns Lovable Bill into some kind of evil villain in the credits... and some of them were actually getting excited any time something bad might happen to NE. They sounded pretty biased through the game like they were rooting for NE to lose.

THey Lost, they are LOSERS!

P-
  3. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 10:231 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    MY GOD! First ESPN turns Lovable Bill into some kind of evil villain in the credits... and some of them were actually getting excited any time something bad might happen to NE. They sounded pretty biased through the game like they were rooting for NE to lose.

THey Lost, they are LOSERS!

P-
  4. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 10:38
    I took what I said back about lovable Bill

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree