Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    18 Nov '09 14:39
    Has Northern Hemisphere rugby finally caught up to their Southern opponents?

    These last few results seems to say they have.
    NZ, Aus and SA not very convincing of late and the Pacific islanders and Argentina losing their respective matches.

    It may be a little early, but I hope so, as it will be good for the game. 7s in the Olympics and a very healthy 7s championship means rugby is going in the right direction.


    Now, if the IRB can just sort out the Northern Hemisphere referees, then all will be well.
  2. 18 Nov '09 15:30 / 1 edit
    i've only watched two matches this autumn, south africa vs france and ireland vs aus. have to say i was very disappointed by s. africa, france made a lot of mistakes but still won easily. ireland only started to play in the last 20 mins and were a little lucky to come away with a draw.

    wouldn't look into argentina's results, they were missing a lot of players but still made england look average from what i've heard. 6 nations should be interesting this year, whoever wins in paris between france and ireland should pick up the grand slam.

    edit: in answer to your question, if yes only because the southern hem. teams have went backwards.
  3. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    18 Nov '09 19:53
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Has Northern Hemisphere rugby finally caught up to their Southern opponents?

    These last few results seems to say they have.
    NZ, Aus and SA not very convincing of late and the Pacific islanders and Argentina losing their respective matches.

    It may be a little early, but I hope so, as it will be good for the game. 7s in the Olympics and a very healthy ...[text shortened]...


    Now, if the IRB can just sort out the Northern Hemisphere referees, then all will be well.
    You mean folks still watch this game?

    Give me the figure skaters with sticks any day!
  4. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    19 Nov '09 06:30
    Originally posted by trev33
    have to say i was very disappointed by s. africa, france made a lot of mistakes but still won
    You and me both, buddy.
    We always do this - we just can't seem to sustain good form. Losing two of our star players and our coach's insistence of keeping John Smit at prop is costing us momentum. Smit as good captain, but he is being targeted in the scrums now.
  5. 20 Nov '09 06:10
    Originally posted by Crowley
    You and me both, buddy.
    We always do this - we just can't seem to sustain good form. Losing two of our star players and our coach's insistence of keeping John Smit at prop is costing us momentum. Smit as good captain, but he is being targeted in the scrums now.
    yeah i noticed that, that's one area were france really dominated. i expect them to be a stronger in dublin in a couple of weeks... maybe try out some of the guys we don't get to see a lot of up here. we have a lot of players who haven't played a lot of rugby in the past few weeks so after the aus and fiji games they should be ready for sa.