1. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 05:361 edit
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Is anyone in Europe watching?
    I was there and loved every minute. I know many people regard the game as possibly the worst game so far this season, but I enjoyed the muddy scrap - although the whole show was so impressive I probably would have enjoyed it whatever happened.

Very impressed - and I'm sure there will be another game next year - in fact I'd put money on it. I suspect there will be an announcement in a couple of weeks.
  2. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 05:392 edits
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I saw a National News piece where they said the British fan base was overwhelmingly for the Dolphins, maybe they're more likeable, or maybe they went for the underdogs.. Huge turnout, and good feelings all around from what's been reported. The game did sell out in 6 hours.. Too bad the Dolphins' season ticket holders were porked with a home game taken away, and not refunded. Since we're playing so terrible, I'm sure not much will come of it.
    Well, it was a Dolphins home game, and the whole event was staged as such. There was a predominance of Dolphins branding throughout the stadium so any neutrals (including myself) tended to be sided with Miami - and we all love an underdog over here anyway.

I knew nothing about the NFL until about a week ago but I enjoyed it so much at Wembley on Sunday I just watched Green Day's Packers playing John Denver's Broncos on a Monday Night Football game...
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 06:31
    Originally posted by Chris
    Well, it was a Dolphins home game, and the whole event was staged as such. There was a predominance of Dolphins branding throughout the stadium so any neutrals (including myself) tended to be sided with Miami - and we all love an underdog over here anyway.

I knew nothing about the NFL until about a week ago but I enjoyed it so much at Wembley on Sunday I j ...[text shortened]... t watched Green Day's Packers playing John Denver's Broncos on a Monday Night Football game...
    i come to america and wasn't able to watch an nfl game in london 🙄

they showed the kick off and went to a crappy bears game.

that game should've been free to watch for everyone in america and europe.

*a joke*
  4. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 08:48
    I was there and loved every minute. I know many people regard the game as possibly the worst game so far this season, but I enjoyed the muddy scrap - although the whole show was so impressive I probably would have enjoyed it whatever happened.

Very impressed - and I'm sure there will be another game next year - in fact I'd put money on it. I suspect there will be an announcement in a couple of weeks.
    I am glad you enjoyed the game, I do think we need to work out something in the name of the game while in Europe though. 😉 I think you are right, it looks like there were some happy sports fans at the game. So were you involved in the streaking? 😀 That was fun I guess.

I don't really think it was that bad of a game, in fact I enjoyed watching the game for a lot of reasons. But it was really a meaningless game because the "Miami Dolphins are in the same division as the "New England Patriots" Who are just running away with those in the same Division and Miami just doesn't have much of a chance of moving ahead to the play offs. On the other hand the "New York Giants" just tied for first place in it's division with the "Dallas Cowboys". So for them I suppose it did have some meaning. But it would have been nice for London to have seen the best the NFL has to offer. When that happens, you will have a real treat. And I believe it will happen.
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 08:52
    Originally posted by trevor33
    i come to america and wasn't able to watch an nfl game in london 🙄

they showed the kick off and went to a crappy bears game.

that game should've been free to watch for everyone in america and europe.

*a joke*
    You probably just needed to change channels. I watched the game. There are usually more than one game being played at the same time on different channels. I can't imagine then not showing that game in Denver.
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 12:54
    For whatever reason, the Dolphins are the most popular team in England. That's why they got picked.

The event was so successful that it is hard to believe they won't do it again.
  7. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 16:01
    Originally posted by Red Night
    For whatever reason, the Dolphins are the most popular team in England. That's why they got picked.

They will do it again - this time next year - guaranteed... I bet we know the identity of the two teams as well within a few weeks...

I was talking to a guy who told me that for someone who wants to get into the sport, watching a team like the Indianapolis Colts is a good introduction because of the way they play... attacking all the time... so maybe they'll try to get those boys over...
  8. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 16:04
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I think you are right, it looks like there were some happy sports fans at the game. So were you involved in the streaking?
    Yep - that was me. You'll noticed I kept a little G-String on rather than go for the full streaking experience. I felt it would have been inappropriate and I didn't want to upstage the two teams on such an important occasion.
  9. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 16:17
    Originally posted by Red Night

I think the popularity stems back to when Dan Marino was the QB and Channel 4 had a Gridiron show every Sunday night. My Dad and Sister were both fans of the Dolphins, whilst I preferred the Redskins.

IIRC Denver, the 49ers, Dallas Cowboys, and Chicago were also popular (thanks to Elway, Montana, the soap opera, and William "the Refrigerator" Perry respectively).
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 17:54
    They will do it again - this time next year - guaranteed... I bet we know the identity of the two teams as well within a few weeks...

I was talking to a guy who told me that for someone who wants to get into the sport, watching a team like the Indianapolis Colts is a good introduction because of the way they play... attacking all the time... so maybe they'll try to get those boys over...
    The Colts would be fun for you.

They pass a lot. The passing game is exciting.

I'm really glad you enjoyed the game.

I hope they do it in London again.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 19:48

I dunno how many games they show overseas in England, but the Colts (7-0) play the New England Patriots (8-0) this weekend. Both teams have an elite passing game and they also get over 100 rushing yards per game (which is really good). I suggest you go to a pub next Sunday and try to catch the game if they are showing it where you live. It is going to be one of the best football games of the 07 season, guaranteed.
  12. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:37
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    I dunno how many games they show overseas in England, but the Colts (7-0) play the New England Patriots (8-0) this weekend. Both teams have an elite passing game and they also get over 100 rushing yards per game (which is really good). I suggest you go to a pub next Sunday and try to catch the game if they are showing it where you live. It is going to be one of the best football games of the 07 season, guaranteed.
    This is being shown over here and is being billed as the match-up of the season. Really looking forward to it.
  13. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:46
    It would be good if the eventual Super Bowl champions come over.

And I agree with the Dan Marino theory on the Dolphins being popular.
  14. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 19:32
    Originally posted by uzless
    Has any team ever gone 0-16?
    The Bucs lost the first 26 games they played over two seasons (0-14 and then 12 into their second season), but I don't think anyone's ever gone 0-16 in one year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree