1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 21:05
    Rather on the end of it 🙁

The Youth All Whites have suffered a 7-nil defeat at the hands of Brazil.

New Zealand earned themselves the unwanted share of a world football speed record in the match, with Brazil scoring the fastest goal in World Cup history.

Brazil's17-year-old striker Fabinho latched on to a long-ball, expertly flicked on by midfielder Alex almost directly from kickoff, to leave advancing New Zealand stopper Jacob Gleeson helpless just nine seconds into the match.
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 01:56
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    Rather on the end of it 🙁

The Youth All Whites have suffered a 7-nil defeat at the hands of Brazil.

New Zealand earned themselves the unwanted share of a world football speed record in the match, with Brazil scoring the fastest goal in World Cup history.

Brazil's17-year-old striker Fabinho latched on to a long-ball, expertly flicked on by midfiel ...[text shortened]... to leave advancing New Zealand stopper Jacob Gleeson helpless just nine seconds into the match.
    I thought Ricardo Olivera still had the current record. He scored in 2.8 seconds with a short straight from kick-off.

There was supposedly a non-league team in the English leagues that did it in 2.0 flat but I don't think it was ever properly officiated.
  3. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 10:381 edit
    San Marino scored in 8.3 seconds against England in a World Cup qualifier. This new one is the fastest in a finals though.
  4. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 10:38
    By the way..."stopper"?
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 19:21
    Youth football records dont really count guys!!
  6. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 09:06
    Originally posted by mtthw
    By the way..."stopper"?
    Lol.. I just cut and paste it.. choked on it as I did it too... no tears though haha
  7. Joined
    21 Aug '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 02:23
    A stopper's the guy in front of a sweeper...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree