Packer's loss

Packer's loss

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
08 Oct 07

Anyone see the ridiculous loss the Packer's just put on? Absolutely terrible. Completely wasting ALL of their offensive chances in the 2nd half, until the last two minutes, and ended up finishing it off with an interception. None of their wins matter anymore if they can't win against the freakin' Bears. The Bears weren't even playing that great and still managed to win.

I'm done with watching the Packers until they decide to actually put some of their plays to work. I see the Packers going 2-9 at best the rest of the season if they continue to neglect playing the game. What a joke.

What a terrible last couple of weeks for Wisconsin sporting.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
08 Oct 07

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
Anyone see the ridiculous loss the Packer's just put on? Absolutely terrible. Completely wasting ALL of their offensive chances in the 2nd half, until the last two minutes, and ended up finishing it off with an interception. None of their wins matter anymore if they can't win against the freakin' Bears. The Bears weren't even playing that great and stil ...[text shortened]... ying the game. What a joke.

What a terrible last couple of weeks for Wisconsin sporting.
Yep, I watched it. Hasn't been my weekend for sports teams.

h
Endgamer

Wisconsin

Moves
08 Oct 07

I only saw the second half due to work reasons, but they looked bad. The play calling was overly conservative. The packers in the past few weeks have been a passing team and its worked. I understand the got the running game going a little but they should have used their passing to set up the run. The other way around sure didn't work for them. Alot of penalties too. If they clean that up and learn from their mistakes, i think they'll be alright for the rest of the year.

DR

Moves
08 Oct 07

The Packers came out running the ball so effectively it was shocking. Wynn kept churning downfield and the Packers scored easily. Even Madden and Michaels mentioned that coach Lovie certainly couldn't have been expecting that. And suddenly, after only that one drive, Wynn leaves the field with cramps and has to go get an IV for dehydration and doesn't return until the second half? What's up with that? That changed the game plan in a big way.

And then those two back-to-back fumbles by Packers WR Jones played a huge impact, but maybe not in the way a lot of people think. First, I think it was more great defensive play by Tillman (responsible for causing both fumbles) than it was carelessness by Jones. The second fumble especially, I thought, was purely from excellent timing of Tillman punching the ball on the nose, because it looked like Jones had the ball in good control and was holding it properly and all that. Second, i think it should be noted that neither fumble led to a Bears score. The problem was the aftermath and a petulant Brett Favre, sorry to say.

Coach McCarthy yelled at Jones on the sideline and when Jones tried to tell the coach that he was protecting the ball, you could lip-read McCarthy yelling "Bull-vista! Protect the ball!" And that was the green light for Favre to "ice" Jones out of the game as punishment. Jones kept playing, and I saw Jones open several times, but Favre refused to throw the ball to Jones. Not very smart by Favre because that effectively took away one of the receivers on the field for the Packers and that was a big part of why their passing game seemed to be so ineffective in the second and third quarters. After Favre threw his moronic interception and caused his own turnover (which by the way immediately led to Griese throwing a touchdown strike on the very next play) only then did Favre stop being an a** and begin looking for Jones again, but by this time, the damage was done with a lot of lost opportunities. I'm sure if pressed Favre will try to explain that he had lost confidence in Jones (which miraculously only lasted until Favre himself threw his interception late in the 3rd) but maybe Favre should let the coach decide that. If McCarthy still has Jones in the game, then maybe Brett should just run the play as planned and not worry about "teaching Jones a lesson." But maybe that fat-faced mouthy coach McCarthy hasn't gained the respect of the team, especially seeing how Favre (rightfully) got so visibly upset at him on the field when McCarthy called the time out at the wrong moment on the final drive in the waning seconds of the 1st half.

I'm not trying to be down on the Packers. I guess I'm just upset they lost. NFC North teams sometimes have a history of starting out really well and then self-destructing (particulary the Vikings in recent memory) and I wonder if the 4-0 Packer start has been keeping some deeper problems at bay. Good luck to the Packers next week.