Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 28 Oct '17 12:25
    http://www.businessinsider.com/charts-expose-how-badly-nfl-players-get-paid-2013-9

    On average, NBA players make $5.15 million, MLB players make $3.2 million, NHL players make $2.4 million, and NFL players make $1.9 million per year


    How much do Soccer players and Rugby players make on average? Any other sports worth mentioning?
  2. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    28 Oct '17 12:48
    Originally posted by @eladar
    http://www.businessinsider.com/charts-expose-how-badly-nfl-players-get-paid-2013-9

    On average, NBA players make $5.15 million, MLB players make $3.2 million, NHL players make $2.4 million, and NFL players make $1.9 million per year


    How much do Soccer players and Rugby players make on average? Any other sports worth mentioning?
    Lame thread alert.
    What does the latest waffle prove?
    Ronaldo earns 93 million a year
    Messi 80 million a year.

    Can't see what pay has to do with a perticular sport being better than another.

    What is the difference between a teacher's salary compared to a librarian salary?
  3. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    28 Oct '17 12:56
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Lame thread alert.
    What does the latest waffle prove?
    Ronaldo earns 93 million a year
    Messi 80 million a year.

    Can't see what pay has to do with a perticular sport being better than another.

    What is the difference between a teacher's salary compared to a librarian salary?
    Most people who love the game play for pride more than money. Rugby league players would play in a state of origin game for nothing if they had the chance. The pride of pulling on a blues or maroons jumper is payment enough.

    This bozo hasn't a clue. He seems determined however to make as big a fool of himself as he can. He's doing a good job so far.

    Coach !! Must of been the biggest losing team in national history with him at the helm. I bet the team he coached never won a game. No wonder they kicked him to the kerb.
  4. 28 Oct '17 13:01
    If an athlete wants to make a decision as to which sport to go pro, I'd think income should be taken into consideration.

    Of course this may only be obvious to those who have excelled in multiple sports.
  5. 28 Oct '17 13:02
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Lame thread alert.
    What does the latest waffle prove?
    Ronaldo earns 93 million a year
    Messi 80 million a year.

    Can't see what pay has to do with a perticular sport being better than another.

    What is the difference between a teacher's salary compared to a librarian salary?
    Librarian vs teacher? About the same in Oklahoma.
  6. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    28 Oct '17 13:14
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Librarian vs teacher? About the same in Oklahoma.
    Thank you
    That's the first time you have actually answered a question
  7. 28 Oct '17 13:21
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Thank you
    That's the first time you have actually answered a question
    First time a question is relevant to what I have ever posted.
  8. 28 Oct '17 14:33 / 1 edit
    It also explains why the US athletes who play soccer and rugby are not the best athletes around.

    All the real US athletes are making big money on their talents.
  9. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    28 Oct '17 14:54
    Originally posted by @eladar
    It also explains why the US athletes who play soccer and rugby are not the best athletes around.

    All the real US athletes are making big money on their talents.
    What does that prove?
    USA athletes are only interested in money?
    Any USA footballer if good enough will be paid a fortune in England Spain China etc.
    Wages never equal ability wages are based on club income TV rights etc.

    A heart surgeon will get paid 200 times less than a average footballer
    The reason 90 000 fans will not pay to watch the operation or TV company's will not broadcast it live.

    Not fair but that's life. Wages mean nothing
  10. 28 Oct '17 15:04
    Originally posted by @roma45
    What does that prove?
    USA athletes are only interested in money?
    Any USA footballer if good enough will be paid a fortune in England Spain China etc.
    Wages never equal ability wages are based on club income TV rights etc.

    A heart surgeon will get paid 200 times less than a average footballer
    The reason 90 000 fans will not pay to watch the operation or TV company's will not broadcast it live.

    Not fair but that's life. Wages mean nothing
    Yes, US athletes who would otherwise make 30k per year would like to make 2 million a year for 5 years.

    Making 30k gets you about 100 k every 3 years, so 30 years gives you one million dollars. They can make more in one year than working 60 years.
  11. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    28 Oct '17 15:41
    Originally posted by @eladar
    If an athlete wants to make a decision as to which sport to go pro, I'd think income should be taken into consideration.

    Of course this may only be obvious to those who have excelled in multiple sports.
    I heard a rumour your mum went pro
  12. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    28 Oct '17 15:46
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Yes, US athletes who would otherwise make 30k per year would like to make 2 million a year for 5 years.

    Making 30k gets you about 100 k every 3 years, so 30 years gives you one million dollars. They can make more in one year than working 60 years.
    30k a year gets 90k every three years not a 100k

    We know you can't spell but come on basic maths 3 X 30

    How stupid are you?
  13. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    28 Oct '17 15:50
    Originally posted by @roma45
    30k a year gets 90k every three years not a 100k

    We know you can't spell but come on basic maths 3 X 30

    How stupid are you?
    He didn't have time to take his shoes off so he took a punt.
  14. 28 Oct '17 16:12 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    He didn't have time to take his shoes off so he took a punt.
    Making 30k gets you about 100 k every 3 years

    I rounded off, intentionally increasing the amount made in 3 years to demonstrate my point.

    So was my point incorrect?

    If not, you are just being an idiot to be an idiot.
  15. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    28 Oct '17 16:21
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Making 30k gets you about 100 k every 3 years

    I rounded off, intentionally increasing the amount made in 3 years to demonstrate my point.

    So was my point incorrect?

    If not, you are just being an idiot to be an idiot.
    Just take your shoes off next time. We'll wait the extra few minutes so we can get a correct answer (while holding our noses).

    I thought you didn't like personal attacks. Here's me and Roma being nice and civil and you come in with the coward punches. You're not back home in Hootersville now sonny.