1. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 04:49
    Damnit, I missed the winning goal.. was in the kitchen getting a beer.. I'm glad though- was rooting for the underdogs!!!

Good luck pens in Pittsburgh
  2. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 09:28
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Damnit, I missed the winning goal.. was in the kitchen getting a beer.. I'm glad though- was rooting for the underdogs!!!

Good luck pens in Pittsburgh
    Just an amazing game, We get the games live here in England too, can't wait now til wednesday night, what a fantastic series. Fleury was just outstanding tonight.... If the Pens can win this next game I think they'll go into Saturdays showdown as favorites????????
  3. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 13:29
    Fell asleep at the beginning of triple overtime. Wish I could have seen the winning goal. Though 2nd overtime, the Pens actually looked like they wanted this cup for the first time in this series. The key for Pittsburgh here is to get some defense, right now fleury is the only defense they have. Their offense needs to get organized. These breakaways they keep putting on where 1 guy rushes headfirst into 3 Detroit defenders isn't going to work in games 6 or 7 for that matter. Should Pittsburgh win the cup, Fleury should get MVP.
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 17:10
    Crosby played like an idiot in game 5. He turned the puck over more times than Brian McCabe.

Another performance like that and its bye bye pittsburgh.
  5. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 21:091 edit
    It is definitely evident that Detroit wants the Stanley Cup alot mroe than Pittsburgh. The only reasons they have stayed alive thus far is superb goal tending and sheer dumb luck.
  6. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 21:59
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    It is definitely evident that Detroit wants the Stanley Cup alot mroe than Pittsburgh. The only reasons they have stayed alive thus far is superb goal tending and sheer dumb luck.
    Well, minus the first 2 games, Pittsburgh has really been playing well, or at least equal to Detroit. They're loss in game 5 was awful, but it's not like they got blown out. And last night, wow, that was intense. If they can get a few things together, they could possibly pull it off.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 16:20
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Well, minus the first 2 games, Pittsburgh has really been playing well, or at least equal to Detroit. They're loss in game 5 was awful, but it's not like they got blown out. And last night, wow, that was intense. If they can get a few things together, they could possibly pull it off.
    Pittsburgh was outshot something like 60-25. Detroit shoulda taken it.
  8. Montreal, Canada
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 16:36
    Originally posted by uzless
    58-32 actually
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 18:451 edit
    Originally posted by DrunkKash
    58-32 actually
    close enough n'est pas?

By the way, I hear Sundin is considering joining Les Habs next year.
  10. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by uzless
    Though I see where you're coming from, the fact that they out shot Pitts. almost 2:1 simply means that Fleury has both earned them the right to be there but also the opportunity. I don't mean to harp, but he really is the only member of that team pulling all their weight. The rest of them look like a pack of hyenas. I want Pitts. to win this series and I hope to see a better performance from them tonight.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 18:56
    Pittsburgh is 17-1 in their last 18 home games, the only loss coming from Detroit on Saturday.

Since 1997, Detroit is 12-0 in Game 6s in which they've been up 3-2.

Something's gonna give tonight.

I got my money on Detroit winning the cup in Pittsburgh tonight by a score of 4-2.
  12. Standard memberSir Timothy
    The Seer of Seers
    Jackson, NJ
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 19:03
    Detroit wins 5 - 1.
  13. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 19:06
    The game 5 OT winner can be seen here.

YouTube
  14. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 01:27
    Things aren't looking good for Pitts. going into the third where they have been out shined by Detroit every game. Less than stellar performance by Fleury thus far.
  15. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 01:46
    2-1 Detroit. Malkin finally scored one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree