1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 16:25
    Well, we swept the mets again and have crept close to a playoff spot again. Now I hope they don't have their usual meltdown like they usually do when they get close to a playoff spot. But they are rolling lately.

The wild-card is well within reach at a game and a half, can they catch and pass the Padres? Or can they somehow catch and pass the Mets, currently 3 and half games? Or will they do the usual and lose to a lesser team after sweeping a good team? I have faith!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 16:30
    I really have no rooting interest in this but just as a baseball fan it seems like the Phillies have alot of really good players but just fall short. Maybe for your sake they can do it this year. I am just hoping someone beats the mets.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 16:32
    Originally posted by poundlee
    I am just hoping someone beats the mets.
    no one can beat them

NO ONE

2007 wold series champions - the ny mets

😛
  4. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 11:47
    Originally posted by trevor33
    no one can beat them

NO ONE

2007 wold series champions - the ny mets

😛
    Phillies creep even closer over the night, 2 and a half back now, despite almost blowing an 11-0 lead 😛
  5. Joined
    13 Sep '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 17:49
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Well, we swept the mets again and have crept close to a playoff spot again. Now I hope they don't have their usual meltdown like they usually do when they get close to a playoff spot. But they are rolling lately.

The wild-card is well within reach at a game and a half, can they catch and pass the Padres? Or can they somehow catch and pass the Mets, c ...[text shortened]... ? Or will they do the usual and lose to a lesser team after sweeping a good team? I have faith!
    It doesn't matter, the Indians are going to win the world series.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 18:331 edit
    Originally posted by PocketKings

The wild-card is well within reach at a game and a half, can they catch and pass the Padres? Or can they somehow catch and pass the Mets, c ...[text shortened]... ? Or will they do the usual and lose to a lesser team after sweeping a good team? I have faith!
    1.5 GB now. The Mets are looking just plain AWFUL. Their pitching and defense are both in the tank. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Phillies steal the division. It also wouldn't surprise me to see them lose in the first round what with their bunk pitching. The Cubs are looking strong in the weak NL right now. I'm cheering for them to make it to the World Series.