Phillies playoff chances?

Phillies playoff chances?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
17 Sep 07

Well, we swept the mets again and have crept close to a playoff spot again. Now I hope they don't have their usual meltdown like they usually do when they get close to a playoff spot. But they are rolling lately.

The wild-card is well within reach at a game and a half, can they catch and pass the Padres? Or can they somehow catch and pass the Mets, currently 3 and half games? Or will they do the usual and lose to a lesser team after sweeping a good team? I have faith!

p

Moves
17 Sep 07

I really have no rooting interest in this but just as a baseball fan it seems like the Phillies have alot of really good players but just fall short. Maybe for your sake they can do it this year. I am just hoping someone beats the mets.

t

my island

Moves
17 Sep 07

Originally posted by poundlee
I am just hoping someone beats the mets.
no one can beat them

NO ONE

2007 wold series champions - the ny mets

😛

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
18 Sep 07

Originally posted by trevor33
no one can beat them

NO ONE

2007 wold series champions - the ny mets

😛
Phillies creep even closer over the night, 2 and a half back now, despite almost blowing an 11-0 lead 😛

A

Moves
21 Sep 07

Originally posted by PocketKings
Well, we swept the mets again and have crept close to a playoff spot again. Now I hope they don't have their usual meltdown like they usually do when they get close to a playoff spot. But they are rolling lately.

The wild-card is well within reach at a game and a half, can they catch and pass the Padres? Or can they somehow catch and pass the Mets, c ...[text shortened]... ? Or will they do the usual and lose to a lesser team after sweeping a good team? I have faith!
It doesn't matter, the Indians are going to win the world series.

d

Moves
21 Sep 07
1 edit

Originally posted by PocketKings

The wild-card is well within reach at a game and a half, can they catch and pass the Padres? Or can they somehow catch and pass the Mets, c ...[text shortened]... ? Or will they do the usual and lose to a lesser team after sweeping a good team? I have faith!
1.5 GB now. The Mets are looking just plain AWFUL. Their pitching and defense are both in the tank. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Phillies steal the division. It also wouldn't surprise me to see them lose in the first round what with their bunk pitching. The Cubs are looking strong in the weak NL right now. I'm cheering for them to make it to the World Series.