Post Xmas

SubscriberMctayto
Sports 04 Jan '09 01:27
  1. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 01:27
    Is it normal that the team with their nose in front after xmas usually win the premiership ??
  2. In your face
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 02:19
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Is it normal that the team with their nose in front after xmas usually win the premiership ??
    Would that be the Scots or the English prem? I have no clue about the Scots, but with the English I usually take a stab at the team up there with the best goal difference at new year. This year it is looking like Chelsea. That is where mymoney would beif I hadn't pissed it all up the wall 🙄
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 14:10
    I was referring to English.

Chelsea seems a strange choice as they seem to be dropping so many points this year. I haven't checked but guess that they haven't had as many draws in a season as this one.
  4. LA
    Moves
    11 Jan '09 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal statistically tend to win the league if they are top of the table post Xmas.

Once in Premiership history Liverpool were top post Xmas.
    On this rare occasion they ended up finishing 5th at the end of the season.

So if you're wondering how the leaders this season will do i'd say history has a strong chance of repeating itself again and Liverpool could end up finishing 5th.

- Villa in 4th are only 5 points behind Liverpool having played the same number of games
    - Arsenal in 5th are only 3 points behind Villa
    - United should be 1 point clear at the top of the table on Saturday night
    - Chelsea can only get better and have played United home and away
    - All 4 teams behind Liverpool are playing better football than Liverpool
    - I'd say all 4 teams behind Liverpool would have more ambition than play for a draw at Stoke
    - Sir Alex has Liverpools manager on the verge of a mental collapse, maybe that explains the insane side Liverpool started with on Saturday
    - Oh and Liverpools captain StevieG the heart and sole of the club could be about to play his last ever game for Liverpool against Everton if he gets sentenced in the trial that starts on 23rd January
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    11 Jan '09 23:59
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal statistically tend to win the league if they are top of the table post Xmas.

Once in Premiership history Liverpool were top post Xmas.
    On this rare occasion they ended up finishing 5th at the end of the season.

So if you're wondering how the leaders this season will do i'd say history has a strong chan ...[text shortened]... e for Liverpool against Everton if he gets sentenced in the trial that starts on 23rd January
    I accept that the odds of Liverpool finishing first are or should be long odds
    I doubt that Chelsea will do better than 3rd, even today they fell apart
    I accept that Utd will be in the top 2 and likely first :'(
    Villa & Arsenal will be top 5 but that is the best they can hope for, doubt if they will make top 3

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree