Originally posted by Mctayto
Is it normal that the team with their nose in front after xmas usually win the premiership ??
Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal statistically tend to win the league if they are top of the table post Xmas.
Once in Premiership history Liverpool were top post Xmas.
On this rare occasion they ended up finishing 5th at the end of the season.
So if you're wondering how the leaders this season will do i'd say history has a strong chance of repeating itself again and Liverpool could end up finishing 5th.
- Villa in 4th are only 5 points behind Liverpool having played the same number of games
- Arsenal in 5th are only 3 points behind Villa
- United should be 1 point clear at the top of the table on Saturday night
- Chelsea can only get better and have played United home and away
- All 4 teams behind Liverpool are playing better football than Liverpool
- I'd say all 4 teams behind Liverpool would have more ambition than play for a draw at Stoke
- Sir Alex has Liverpools manager on the verge of a mental collapse, maybe that explains the insane side Liverpool started with on Saturday
- Oh and Liverpools captain StevieG the heart and sole of the club could be about to play his last ever game for Liverpool against Everton if he gets sentenced in the trial that starts on 23rd January