1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 06:35
    I see Nadal as # 1 now, well deserved, I thought, anyway he has 6700 points to Federer's 5930. How do they arrive at those points? Do all the tournaments have the same # of points for the winner? Don't know how that works.
  2. England
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 10:101 edit
    It's a rolling twelve month total so Federer has lost a lot of points that he won last year due to his poorer performances in the same tournaments this year. Or in tennis speak he failed to defend his ranking points.
    Whereas Nadal has performed generally at the same level or better at the same tournaments this year so his rolling twelve month total has gone way up.

More prestigous tournaments have more points available so Grand Slams and Masters series are the ones to win if you want to be number 1.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 10:551 edit
    Originally posted by Caba
    It's a rolling twelve month total so Federer has lost a lot of points that he won last year due to his poorer performances in the same tournaments this year. Or in tennis speak he failed to defend his ranking points.
    Whereas Nadal has performed generally at the same level or better at the same tournaments this year so his rolling twelve month total has gone wa ...[text shortened]... nts available so Grand Slams and Masters series are the ones to win if you want to be number 1.
    Is there a site that discusses what tournies have what points available?
    What is a typical # of points won for one of the GS's? Like the US open coming up soon.
    Do you get more points for Wimbleton than the Aussie open, for instance?
  4. England
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 12:37
    I think that info is somewhere on the ATP site: http://www.atptennis.com/

To my knowledge all the Grand slams have equal ratings points.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree