1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jun '13 20:46
    And what was up with the flare salesman?
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '13 22:261 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think Serena was more impressive with her dominance in the womens french open. She only lost one set throughout and she is 31!
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 09:471 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Unfortunately for me tennis has become a bit of a farce. The ITF's own published statistics show that in 2011 only 131 blood tests were carried out across both the men's and women's game (in and out of competiton), in 2012 the number rose slightly to 187. The sport doesn't have an effective doping control program and I believe the use of performance enhancing drugs is rife, as it probably is in most professional sport.
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 10:22
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Unfortunately for me tennis has become a bit of a farce. The ITF's own published statistics show that in 2011 only 131 blood tests were carried out across both the men's and women's game (in and outnof competiton), in 2012 the number rose slightly to 187. The sport doesn't have an effective doping control program and I believe the use of performance enhancing drugs is rife, as it probably is in most professional sport.
    Are you suggesting that Rafa is the Lance Armstrong of tennis?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 10:28
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Are you suggesting that Rafa is the Lance Armstrong of tennis?
    No.

If I was a betting man, which I sometimes am, I would put money on him using PED's, along with a lot of players. Until the ITF implements a rigorous drug testing program, which at the moment it doesn't have, then I think everyone is suspect, with some more than others.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 11:02
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Unfortunately for me tennis has become a bit of a farce. The ITF's own published statistics show that in 2011 only 131 blood tests were carried out across both the men's and women's game (in and out of competiton), in 2012 the number rose slightly to 187. The sport doesn't have an effective doping control program and I believe the use of performance enhancing drugs is rife, as it probably is in most professional sport.
    That doesnt mean much. How many ranked in the top 25 were tested and how often? Nobody really cares if some nobody who rarely wins anything is taking PEDs so if those tests were concentrated on those winning multiple events, especially grand slams, then that number isnt too bad.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 11:22
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    That doesnt mean much. How many ranked in the top 25 were tested and how often? Nobody really cares if some nobody who rarely wins anything is taking PEDs so if those tests were concentrated on those winning multiple events, especially grand slams, then that number isnt too bad.
    I have the stats, but I have to go for now. In the meantime, compare cycling to tennis. In 2011 the UCI carried out 3,314 out-of-competition blood tests, tennis managed 21.
  8. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 18:21
    I test myself everyday just to be safe and send the sample to Stevie Wonder for analysis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree