Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member deathbypawn
    Pancake Gobbler
    09 Feb '07 03:25
    I don't know about you, but I am getting super excited about baseball coming up. I know spring season isn't for a couple more weeks but I can't wait. I can't wait to see my beloved Red Sox destroy the American League East.
  2. 09 Feb '07 13:23
    Originally posted by deathbypawn
    I don't know about you, but I am getting super excited about baseball coming up. I know spring season isn't for a couple more weeks but I can't wait. I can't wait to see my beloved Red Sox destroy the American League East.
    didn't you hear 2007 was the year of the met?
  3. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    09 Feb '07 13:37
    Originally posted by trevor33
    didn't you hear 2007 was the year of the met?
    you ruined a perfectly good possibility of having a new baseball thread by putting the red sox in the title
  4. 09 Feb '07 13:53
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    you ruined a perfectly good possibility of having a new baseball thread by putting the red sox in the title
    i did no such thing
  5. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    09 Feb '07 14:08
    Originally posted by trevor33
    i did no such thing
    my fault, quoted the wrong person. its the year of the phillies
  6. 09 Feb '07 14:25
    The revolution beings NOW.

    JAYS all the way in the AL East this year!
  7. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    09 Feb '07 14:30
    Now that we have all plugged our teams, what do you really think?

    I think the both the NL and AL easts are strong. Hopefully the Phils and (cough-cough) Jays will come out on top
  8. 09 Feb '07 14:48
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Now that we have all plugged our teams, what do you really think?

    I think the both the NL and AL easts are strong. Hopefully the Phils and (cough-cough) Jays will come out on top
    Heh. How could anyone not cheer for the Jays to overcome the giants of the AL. It's the classic little engine that could story. Gotta love it!
  9. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    09 Feb '07 14:52
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Heh. How could anyone not cheer for the Jays to overcome the giants of the AL. It's the classic little engine that could story. Gotta love it!
    Maybe Baltimore could be the little engine in the east


    I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....
  10. 09 Feb '07 14:54
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Heh. How could anyone not cheer for the Jays to overcome the giants of the AL. It's the classic little engine that could story. Gotta love it!
    the little engine that spent millions on crap and struggled into 3rd position

    no ones stopping another subway series this year.
  11. 09 Feb '07 15:01
    Originally posted by trevor33
    the little engine that spent millions on crap and struggled into 3rd position

    no ones stopping another subway series this year.
    Eh? Crap? Don't think so, Junior. BJ Ryan, Troy Glaus, Bengie Molina and Lyle Overbay were all tremondous additions to the lineup. Burnett was hurt for most of the year but came around towards the end. Losing our best lefty will hurt but now is the time for our young pitchers to step up.

    Plus, goofball, we finished in second ahead of the Red Sox.

    Don't you live in Ireland?
  12. 09 Feb '07 15:07
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Maybe Baltimore could be the little engine in the east
    Please. That team will be more dysfunctional than Anna Nicole Smith's funeral.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    09 Feb '07 15:48
    Yanks win the AL East by at least 10 games AGAIN. Sorry, LOSERS.
  14. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    09 Feb '07 17:18
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yanks win the AL East by at least 10 games AGAIN. Sorry, LOSERS.
    Doesn't matter, I'll hate them no matter what they do.
  15. Standard member deathbypawn
    Pancake Gobbler
    09 Feb '07 18:58
    how long does it take for bonds to break the record. i bet he only plays home games to draw out the affect. he will do it by the all-star game.