1. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 19:17
    £8 million spent pursuing what.. £50K ? This is why there's no money for your super-pensions morons.

Jesus wept
  2. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 19:52
    Not far from the truth there.

There was no way there was going to be a conviction in this case.

Also now just to throw in the mix Capello has resigned from the England job.
  3. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 20:01
    I can't say that upsets me. I fail to see what these foreign coaches bring to the table anyway. The England managers job is about getting the players to play it's not about technique or tactics. Give me Brian Clough or Harry any day.
  4. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 20:101 edit
    Google some of Clough's quotes.. absolute quality.

"Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 00:351 edit
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    I can't say that upsets me. I fail to see what these foreign coaches bring to the table anyway. The England managers job is about getting the players to play it's not about technique or tactics. Give me Brian Clough or Harry any day.
    Yup the last great English manager, his legacy lives on in Martin O'Neil and those who
    worked under him, Paul Lambert for example while at Celtic. Its a pity Neil Lennon
    hasn't learned anything. Harry da man!
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '12 18:54
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    £8 million spent pursuing what.. £50K ? This is why there's no money for your super-pensions morons.

Jesus wept
    You need a smoking gun in the hand to convict a footballer these days .
    Fergie got off his speeding fine because he needed a mister whippy !
    " Sorry officer i was speeding because i need a dump " just dont think it will wash for the common man somehow .
  7. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    11 Feb '12 22:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yup the last great English manager, his legacy lives on in Martin O'Neil and those who
    worked under him, Paul Lambert for example while at Celtic. Its a pity Neil Lennon
    O'Neill, the greatest manager Wycombe ever had (we also had Lambert, he was crap!)
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '12 11:35
    "Harry da man " just another lemming over the cliff !
    If he took the England job he would go the same way as all the rest before him.
    I can see the headlines now ,when England start losing .... "Harry caught napping on the job "......."cry Harry for Scotland "
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '12 16:54
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    O'Neill, the greatest manager Wycombe ever had (we also had Lambert, he was crap!)
    hes done wonders at every club he has gone to Martin O'Neill.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '12 16:581 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    "Harry da man " just another lemming over the cliff !
    If he took the England job he would go the same way as all the rest before him.
    I can see the headlines now ,when England start losing .... "Harry caught napping on the job "......."cry Harry for Scotland "
    i was not referring to the England job, everyone knows its a poisoned chalice, look at
    that dude Steve McLaren i think his name is, he was doing awesome with his domestic
    side, Middlesbrough i think it was, soon as he stepped up to England job, it all went
    pear shaped, you need a Scottish manager, someone that wont take crap, someone to
    tell the FA where to get off, someone to tell the fans to shut up, Ill do it.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 13:22
    i was not referring to the England job, everyone knows its a poisoned chalice, look at that dude Steve McLaren i think his name is, he was doing awesome with his domestic side, Middlesbrough i think it was, soon as he stepped up to England job, it all went pear shaped,
    McClaren, apparently. Now back at FC Twente, which, in a previous incumbence, he managed to make Dutch champions for the first time in their existence. He's a good coach and appears to be a truly pleasant person. He's very popular in that town, and he deserves it.

you need a Scottish manager, someone that wont take crap, someone to tell the FA where to get off, someone to tell the fans to shut up, Ill do it.

Now that I'd like to see.

Richard
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 22:16
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    McClaren, apparently. Now back at FC Twente, which, in a previous incumbence, he managed to make Dutch champions for the first time in their existence. He's a good coach and appears to be a truly pleasant person. He's very popular in that town, and he deserves it.

[b] you need a Scottish manager, someone that wont take crap, someone to tell the FA wh ...[text shortened]... , someone to tell the fans to shut up, Ill do it.

Now that I'd like to see.

Richard[/b]
    all the civilised world would like to see it, i had a friend from Bolton tell me that the
    England job was the top job in all of football, i had to laugh, so insular, so deluded, so
    living in the past.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 13:49
    all the civilised world would like to see it, i had a friend from Bolton tell me that the England job was the top job in all of football, i had to laugh, so insular, so deluded, so living in the past.
    Let's face it, there are two top jobs in football, and no Limey can seriously hold either one.

Richard

(Barça and Germany, in case anyone needs to be told.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree