1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 17:58
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9401160/Rivers:-KG-could-miss-all-of-playoffs

(Many Expletives deleted)!!!!!!!!
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 18:04
    Congrats to the Cavs for making the Finals.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 19:03
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9401160/Rivers:-KG-could-miss-all-of-playoffs

(Many Expletives deleted)!!!!!!!!
    Great teams adapt and overcome. Injuries are a part of the game.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 20:08
    Well even though I absolutely hate the Celtics, I'll admit that the playoffs just won't be the same without KG.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 20:59
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Great teams adapt and overcome. Injuries are a part of the game.
    Thanks for the platitudes. The Celtics have done remarkably well in overcoming a myriad of injuries this year (they won 62 games only 4 less then last year) but to expect them to win it again without an All-Star of the caliber of KG is unrealistic. I'd say his defense makes a difference of about 5 ppg and his outside jumper on kickouts is integral to Celtic success.

You never know; I still think the Celts have an excellent chance of reaching the East finals. But they'll be heavy dogs against the Cavs.
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 01:48
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Thanks for the platitudes. The Celtics have done remarkably well in overcoming a myriad of injuries this year (they won 62 games only 4 less then last year) but to expect them to win it again without an All-Star of the caliber of KG is unrealistic. I'd say his defense makes a difference of about 5 ppg and his outside jumper on kickouts is integral to Cel ...[text shortened]... e an excellent chance of reaching the East finals. But they'll be heavy dogs against the Cavs.
    What about Powe? Is he going to be back for the playoffs?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 01:56
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    What about Powe? Is he going to be back for the playoffs?
    Yes, he played both Tuesday and Wednesday and looked healthy scoring 10 w/ 4 rebounds against Philly in 17 minutes and then starting and playing 27 minutes against the Wizards and putting up a solid 18 points and 13 rebounds. With Powe and Tony Allen back and the home court, I think we're slight favorites over the slumping Magic even without KG.
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 02:01
    Breaking News: Danny Ainge has a minor heart attack!

I am not a superstitious man no1, but I suspect that all this recent ill fortune for the Celtic Nation is a result of the "Curse of Starbury." I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Bulls upset you in the 1st round.
  9. Joined
    03 Jul '03
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 15:50
    i think the bulls will actually win this series. i follow the bulls fairly closely and they've really improved in the last couple months. the one area where they are glaringly deficient is post defense and this much less of a factor w/o kg.

noah had 17 rebounds yesterday. that's a bad sign for boston.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 17:21
    The Good News: The Celts take a thrilla with Ray Allen hitting a 3-pointer with 2.0 seconds left to get a 118-115 win to even the series. BTW, what does the Bulls' coach have against saving a TO for his last possession?

The Bad News: Leon Powe tears his ACL and is done for the season. Mikki Moore, who's been miserable, is the ONLY backup we have for C and PF. :'(

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree