1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 19:20
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    I really hope the Argies fall ( πŸ˜€ ).

But... who is [b]ronadlo
    , trev?[/b]
    lol ronaldo's fat dyslexic brother? obviously talking about portugal.. looks like they're facing a playoffs though along with france and russia. hopefully ireland can avoid those 3 and play the forth highest seed.

can't believe how lucky they were against peru... thought peru was going to have bragging rights over them for years with 2 1-1 draws home and away. still though if they lose on wednesday it might be enough to knock them out.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 23:26
    Originally posted by Palynka
    We're virtually out. 😞
    We're virtually in ... the playoffs! πŸ˜€
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 01:22
    Originally posted by Palynka
    We're virtually in ... the playoffs! πŸ˜€
    and thanks to fifa that pretty much guarantees them a place at the world cup. amateur organisation.

3 weeks before the draw, hmm there's a few top team going to come second we better make sure they don't play each other than could cost us a lot of money 😠

please jesus let ireland avoid portugal, france and russia.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 09:07
    Originally posted by trev33
    and thanks to fifa that pretty much guarantees them a place at the world cup. amateur organisation.

3 weeks before the draw, hmm there's a few top team going to come second we better make sure they don't play each other than could cost us a lot of money 😠

please jesus let ireland avoid portugal, france and russia.
    The way we're playing, there's no guarantee that they won't lose the money, anyway. But it's better now that we know we won't face Greece. 😡

I agree that Fifa's decision was ridiculous, though.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 15:20
    could've been worse, as long as we didn't face russia i thought we would have a chance... looking forward to the portugal bosnia game, hopefully on at different times but i doubt it.

grease/ukraine what a bore
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 18:37
    win in sofia, draw at home to italy....here we come πŸ˜€
    Are you coming to visit?
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 20:58
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Are you coming to visit?
    i thought about it, would love to go to a world cup but after watching the confederations cup and listening to those irritating vuvuzela's i think i'll give it a miss this time.
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 17:58
    i thought about it, would love to go to a world cup but after watching the confederations cup and listening to those irritating vuvuzela's i think i'll give it a miss this time.
    Uhm, the average guy in SA can't afford a ticket, so you won't have to.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 20:45
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Uhm, the average guy in SA can't afford a ticket, so you won't have to.
    i thought fifa were trying to get as many south africans to the matches as possible? that's what i heard anyway.. i can't imagine them getting tickets and annoying me greatly watching the confederation cup on tv and not having at least a few thousand south africans at the world cup games?
  10. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 09:38
    i thought fifa were trying to get as many south africans to the matches as possible? that's what i heard anyway.. i can't imagine them getting tickets and annoying me greatly watching the confederation cup on tv and not having at least a few thousand south africans at the world cup games?
    Of course they are trying to do it, but even the round of 16 prices (at already reduced prices for South African citizens) are about a week's wages on minimum wage, where most of these poorer labourers are the only breadwinner for families of sometimes up to 10 people (a nice social cancer of the apartheid years - almost no black person of pension age has any pension).

What do you think the average South African will do? Buy bread or watch football?
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 21:26
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Of course they are trying to do it, but even the round of 16 prices (at already reduced prices for South African citizens) are about a week's wages on minimum wage, where most of these poorer labourers are the only breadwinner for families of sometimes up to 10 people (a nice social cancer of the apartheid years - almost no black person of pension age has an ...[text shortened]... pension).

What do you think the average South African will do? Buy bread or watch football?
    do you think ticket touting will be a bidder issue than normal due to this? because if i was south african and was able to get my hands on a couple of england last 16 tickets i know they could be sold on the black market for a nice little profit.. what is the average weekly wage in south africa anyway?
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 09:00
    what is the average weekly wage in south africa anyway?
    Without any stats to back it up, I'd say the average weekly wage would probably be less than R1000 (90EUR) per week.
  13. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 06:23
    Mexico's back in fighting form with the help of Vela and Dos Santos. I can't believe Borgetti is allowed to retire from international competition... it should be a crime.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 17:02
    So, prediction time!

Mine:
    Russia 2:0 Slovenia
    Greece 0:0 Ukraine
    Republic of Ireland 1:2 France
    Portugal 2:0 Bosnia-Herzegovina
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 20:04
    Russia 0:0 Slovenia
    Greece 2:1 Ukraine
    Republic of Ireland 1:0 France
    Portugal 2:2 Bosnia-Herzegovina

COME ON IRELAND!!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree