Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member buffalobill
    Major Bone
    08 Jun '08 20:38
    In the U20 rugby champs. If I was the SA coach, I'd be a bit worried about the porous defence. Sorry, had to rub it in ...
  2. Standard member Derfel Cadarn
    The Mighty
    10 Jun '08 00:03
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    In the U20 rugby champs. If I was the SA coach, I'd be a bit worried about the porous defence. Sorry, had to rub it in ...
    Being a lifelong US citizen and thorough sports fan, I think I can speak for the country when I say....

    We have a rugby team?
  3. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    10 Jun '08 07:31
    Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
    We have a rugby team?
    No, you have 15 guys in rugby gear running around a rugby field.
  4. 10 Jun '08 17:16
    I didn't know that we had one either. I'm a big fan, now. Do we have an Austrailian Rules Football team as well?
  5. Standard member buffalobill
    Major Bone
    10 Jun '08 17:19
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I didn't know that we had one either. I'm a big fan, now. Do we have an Austrailian Rules Football team as well?
    You can't be much of a fan, then. The USA also competed in the Rugby World Cup proper.
  6. 10 Jun '08 17:40
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    You can't be much of a fan, then. The USA also competed in the Rugby World Cup proper.
    You're right. Look at this! We've already won two Olympics. We are long and storied.

    The USA Men’s National Team, nicknamed the Eagles, has a long and storied history. Gold Medal Winners in Olympic rugby in 1920 and 1924, the Eagles resumed playing international matches in the modern era in 1976 and compete against the top rugby nations in the world.

    The Eagles are currently ranked 19th in the world out of the 95 test playing rugby nations. Although the USA went winless in the 2007 Rugby World Cup, its strong performances against the World's powerhouses - England and South Africa - has really expanded its fan base and built some much needed momentum. CEO Nigel Melville recently hired Scott Johnson as the new head coach to bring the Eagles through the next four years.