Rugby Ireland down under

Rugby Ireland down under

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
03 Jun 08

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/06/03/urirel103.xml

First up game for the abs in 2008 and another messy experimental line up from Graeme Henry.
Ireland with the Munster core could have the best chance ever to take a first ever test win in NZ.

Across the Tasman Robbie Deans has taken his first training session with the wallabies.. expect them have a winning air .. Deans usually leaves nothing to chance and has a great track record at getting teams up for big games.. he and they will want victory on game day.

s

6yd box

Moves
03 Jun 08

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/06/03/urirel103.xml

First up game for the abs in 2008 and another messy experimental line up from Graeme Henry.
Ireland with the Munster core could have the best chance ever to take a first ever test win in NZ.

Across the Tasman Robbie Deans has taken his first training session with the wa ...[text shortened]... reat track record at getting teams up for big games.. he and they will want victory on game day.
looking forword to these games. Sky sports are showing both games on saturday LIVE!

starts at 8.00am on sky sports One for all those living in england....and have sky sports!😀

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
04 Jun 08

Originally posted by spurs73
looking forword to these games. Sky sports are showing both games on saturday LIVE!

starts at 8.00am on sky sports One for all those living in england....and have sky sports!😀
Up the pub for the big screen sky here..
The SA v Wales game should be a cracker too.
Warren Gatland will have them ready to go hard much more so than at the wc.
... good luck Wales
we'll have a nice leek soup and wish we could have a few drinks in a valleys pub if they win.

D

Moves
04 Jun 08

should be a good game...certainly a great opportunity to finally beat New Z-unfortuneately I think we will just come up short.
I believe Roy Keane had lunch with Richie McCaw yesterday!

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
04 Jun 08

Originally posted by Doyle78
should be a good game...certainly a great opportunity to finally beat New Z-unfortuneately I think we will just come up short.
I believe Roy Keane had lunch with Richie McCaw yesterday!
The abs haven't had a run together and are missing lots overseas.. If Ireland doesn't do it now they never will. It's been acknowledged on tv here that public are not behind the abs under Henry.. we all want him gone even if it means losing all our games this year. Sounds awful but henry put all his eggs in the wc and flushed them. The main core of the McCaw lead players are playing to try to allieviate the hurt of losing the wc but in reality the only thing that would do that is for henry to step aside.
Many will be hoping Warren Gatland and Robbie Deans coached sides do well enough to bury Henry and his crony supporters at the nzrfu so ab rugby can get back on track.

all that aside Ireland will have to go at it for 80mins and retain possession to narrowly beat the abs.

t

Moves
04 Jun 08

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
we all want him gone even if it means losing all our games this year.

ab rugby can get back on track.
Have to disagree with you here.

While a lot of people dislike Henry, not getting behind the All Blacks because he is still coach would be only something fair weather fools would do ... like being a Democrat and voting McCain because Hillary lost the nomination - a real 'cut off the nose to spite the face' mentality.

I still think we were on track last year - the rest and reconditioning, in my opinion, sunk us. That and the mollycoddling on resort islands before the WC.

I think the Irish may pip us this year - either which way there won't be more than 8-10 points in it ...

24-18 to the ABs. 🙂

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
05 Jun 08

Originally posted by treetalk
Have to disagree with you here.

While a lot of people dislike Henry, not getting behind the All Blacks because he is still coach would be only something fair weather fools would do ... like being a Democrat and voting McCain because Hillary lost the nomination - a real 'cut off the nose to spite the face' mentality.

I still think we were on track last ...[text shortened]... ar - either which way there won't be more than 8-10 points in it ...

24-18 to the ABs. 🙂
I haven't honestly heard one single thing that Graeme Henry brought to All Black rugby that was remotely positive for the game. Throughout his tenure he claimed the experimental changes and rotations were aimed at putting the fittest best side on the paddock to bring the cup back.. we never saw a fit side.. they all went down injured and their was no cover except for playing guys out of position.. we never got a look in for the cup.. the campaign was a universally acknowledge disaster. His regime was supported from the top.. they all have to go.
History will never forget the disaster.
The reason I want the losses this year is the hope that he won't get to take the side to the next cup. I order to improve someone has to admit they hit rock bottom, were wrong and want to get things right in the future learning from mistakes.
I hope a successful Warren Gatland could still return for the cup build up and get us back to basics and the nzrfu have to remove the stupid rule that allows coaches to go where they like without spoiling national chances but penalises players for doing like... let the players learn and play the new game over seas and let us bring them home to wear black.
Listening to McCaw and others still apologising is a sorry state indeed.
LOL re Hilary Clinton the woman that didn't have the guts to throw out her dirty husband. She should go for a job in the nzrfu
Go Obama.. bring in the new.