Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    17 Jun '16 18:21 / 1 edit
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/06/17/iaaf-upholds-ban-russian-track-and-field-team-rio-olympics/85994148/

Naturally Putin will blame Obama.
  2. 01 Jul '16 04:38
    The Olympics should be banned.

Every country on the face of the planet is broke, so why is a country on the verge of fiscal collapse hosting the Olympics which will cost them money they don't have, all so countries like Russia can dope their players so that the world can see how great Putin is?
  3. 02 Jul '16 00:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/06/17/iaaf-upholds-ban-russian-track-and-field-team-rio-olympics/85994148/

Naturally Putin will blame Obama.
    I can't believe that the games are still going ahead in view of the Zika virus. The Russian athletes are lucky that the decision has been made for them as I feel sure that they would not have been given the choice of dropping out.
  4. 08 Jul '16 07:49
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    I can't believe that the games are still going ahead in view of the Zika virus. The Russian athletes are lucky that the decision has been made for them as I feel sure that they would not have been given the choice of dropping out.
    Zika is all hype.
  5. Subscriber thaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    08 Jul '16 21:50
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Zika is all hype.
    Never heard of him. What position does he play ?
  6. Standard member pawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    05 Aug '16 10:13
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Never heard of him. What position does he play ?
    Zika is now in the US. You'll come to know all about him soon...
  7. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    07 Aug '16 14:03 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by pawnpaw
    Zika is now in the US. You'll come to know all about him soon...
    There is a cure in the works, well at least a preventative.

USA garnered the first gold medal of the Olympics. Virginia Thrasher, shooting competition, China won silver and bronze.