1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    26 Nov '09 16:03
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/23/sports/soccer/23iht-SOCCER.html?_r=1

    This is really bad! Soccer, despite its worlwide appeal, is in a sorry state as evidenced by the France ireland match. This article certainly makes the match even more suspect!
  2. Subscriberdivegeester
    the altruistic one
    Forked
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86667
    27 Nov '09 07:37
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/23/sports/soccer/23iht-SOCCER.html?_r=1

    This is really bad! Soccer, despite its worlwide appeal, is in a sorry state as evidenced by the France ireland match. This article certainly makes the match even more suspect!
    Worldwide it's called 'football'.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    27 Nov '09 09:53
    Actually, this is good news. They're finally getting caught.

    Go football!
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    27 Nov '09 14:32
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Actually, this is good news. They're finally getting caught.

    Go football!
    Indeed! I hope they weed out these bad, bad apples.

    BTW, I forgot to give my congrats for Portugal's advancing into the world cup after the shaky qualifying round!
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    27 Nov '09 14:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Worldwide it's called 'football'.
    Tomatoe, tomato! I'm a Yank. Cut me a break! Football is somethin different in the great USA!
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    27 Nov '09 17:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Worldwide it's called 'football'.
    it would be interesting if the sport played in the NFL was to successfully catch on in the rest of the world. Then the rest of the world would have to deal with having two sports called "football".
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    27 Nov '09 17:37
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    it would be interesting if the sport played in the NFL was to successfully catch on in the rest of the world. Then the rest of the world would have to deal with having two sports called "football".
    We already have that problem in Toronto.

    We have lots of football fans and lots of football fans.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10258
    27 Nov '09 18:18
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    it would be interesting if the sport played in the NFL was to successfully catch on in the rest of the world. Then the rest of the world would have to deal with having two sports called "football".
    it would be referred to as 'american football' like it is already, plus football is quite popular outside the us to watch, especially in the uk.
  9. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    27 Nov '09 18:35
    American football is rugby but with more statistics surely?
    It should be called Statistical Rugby...

    πŸ˜‰
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    27 Nov '09 19:53
    Originally posted by blade68
    American football is rugby but with more statistics surely?
    It should be called Statistical Rugby...

    πŸ˜‰
    What about ..... ." Men in tights " !!
  11. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    27 Nov '09 20:01
    Originally posted by phil3000
    What about ..... ." Men in tights " !!
    The Americans would call it the M.I.T...!!!!!
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    27 Nov '09 23:31
    Pretty funny! Whatever you call it sounds better than footie!

    MIT!!!! Rugby Statistical! Onwards bound!
  13. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Joined
    02 Sep '05
    Moves
    9122
    01 Dec '09 00:10
    Originally posted by phil3000
    What about ..... ." Men in tights " !!
    "Men in Pads"?

    The diving in football (world) is almost as annoying as the posturing and over the top"showmanship" in football (U.S.).
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    01 Dec '09 03:24
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    "Men in Pads"?

    The diving in football (world) is almost as annoying as the posturing and over the top"showmanship" in football (U.S.).
    The posturing at least is not done to try and fenagle some advantage! In footie dives are to trick refs!
  15. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    01 Dec '09 04:01
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    The posturing at least is not done to try and fenagle some advantage! In footie dives are to trick refs!
    .... and no one cheats in grid iron then?😲
    what about the 'new england video taping incident'😲😲
    never happend before did it- by other teams😲😲😲😲
Back to Top