1. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    86698
    23 Apr '09 22:41
    What are we gonna do? How does the club build itself up again?
  2. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Joined
    09 Jan '05
    Moves
    24454
    24 Apr '09 05:28
    Originally posted by znsho
    What are we gonna do? How does the club build itself up again?
    We desperately need a pop star...
    Elton got Watford his mate George Michael?

    I'd settle for an oil sheik.


    SOS

    As an antique could the club apply to the national trust for restoration?

    Wotte's done his best but the players went awol at sheffield.
  3. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    86698
    24 Apr '09 16:421 edit
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    We desperately need a pop star...
    Elton got Watford his mate George Michael?

    I'd settle for an oil sheik.


    SOS

    As an antique could the club apply to the national trust for restoration?

    Wotte's done his best but the players went awol at sheffield.
    What gets me is the cynical way the 10-point deduction will operate. If we do not end up in the bottom three, then the ten points are deducted this season. If we are officially relegated, we start next season off with minus 10 points.

    We should never have got rid of the Dell. The Dell was our strength.
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Joined
    10 Dec '04
    Moves
    794670
    24 Apr '09 18:34
    Originally posted by znsho
    What gets me is the cynical way the 10-point deduction will operate. If we do not end up in the bottom three, then the ten points are deducted this season. If we are officially relegated, we start next season off with minus 10 points.

    We should never have got rid of the Dell. The Dell was our strength.
    I have to agree it seems a nasty way to dipense the penalty.
    Lets hope that you climb to 4th from bottom and at least have an even playing field next year.
  5. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Joined
    09 Jan '05
    Moves
    24454
    24 Apr '09 23:19
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I have to agree it seems a nasty way to dipense the penalty.
    Lets hope that you climb to 4th from bottom and at least have an even playing field next year.
    It should have been fines for the incompetent directors. The 10 points only hurt football how on earth can you justify point off which were earned on the pitched for the financial mismanagement of Rupert Lowe and co. I have a nice piece of hairy rough sisal rope I'd like to donate to each of the outgoing directors.

    Anyway two serious potential buyers have gone into due diligence so they are more they just looking at the books. Could one be George Michael.. he was seen squinting strongly outside St Marys Toilets.. he can't let Elton have all the fun at Watford.
    The other buyer? well maybe The Chinese Goverment.. they own USA so why not English Football starting with So'ton FC.
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Joined
    10 Dec '04
    Moves
    794670
    25 Apr '09 11:31
    You have Burnley & notts forest to play. Looking at the rest of the picture it strongly looks like starting next season on -10 :'(
  7. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Joined
    09 Jan '05
    Moves
    24454
    25 Apr '09 21:24
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    You have Burnley & notts forest to play. Looking at the rest of the picture it strongly looks like starting next season on -10 :'(
    2-2 against Burnley who really needed 3pts for their promotion hopes shows Saints can produce against teams at the top of the Coke... but sadly our lot failed to earn their pay for most of the season while the directors sank the club.

    I starting to look forward to new owners, lots of changes and a fresh start. -10 points is just a challenge but I wish it had been fines against the directors

    One game to go: I hope they do themselves , the fans and our hardest tryer Mark Wotte Proud and thrash Nots Forest.
  8. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Joined
    10 Dec '04
    Moves
    794670
    25 Apr '09 22:10
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    2-2 against Burnley who really needed 3pts for their promotion hopes shows Saints can produce against teams at the top of the Coke... but sadly our lot failed to earn their pay for most of the season while the directors sank the club.

    I starting to look forward to new owners, lots of changes and a fresh start. -10 points is just a challenge but I wish ...[text shortened]... ope they do themselves , the fans and our hardest tryer Mark Wotte Proud and thrash Nots Forest.
    Hats off to them securing a draw today, pity it wasn't enough though
  9. e4
    Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    25323
    25 Apr '09 22:32
    Originally posted by znsho
    What are we gonna do? How does the club build itself up again?
    C'mon mate it's not too bad.

    Think about Luton, what are their fans thinking now.

    They are out of the League.

    And the good news is you get to play my lot twice next season.
    The Orient - there's 6 points for you right away. 😉
  10. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    86698
    26 Apr '09 22:05
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I have to agree it seems a nasty way to dipense the penalty.
    Lets hope that you climb to 4th from bottom and at least have an even playing field next year.
    Agreed. The paying fans and players are punished for the 'crimes' of the directors etc. Why are the directors etc not fined thousands of pounds? It does not make sense.

    Sigh! Football used to be cheap and exciting entertainment for the masses. Who remembers those days of 'half-a-crown' at the turnstile?

    Note: Half-a-crown = 12.5 p.
  11. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    86698
    26 Apr '09 22:09
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    C'mon mate it's not too bad.

    Think about Luton, what are their fans thinking now.

    They are out of the League.

    And the good news is you get to play my lot twice next season.
    The Orient - there's 6 points for you right away. 😉
    I well remember our promotion year game against Leyton Orient - the one where the wall collapsed! 1-1 draw and a good game.
  12. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Joined
    10 Dec '04
    Moves
    794670
    26 Apr '09 23:00
    Originally posted by znsho
    Agreed. The paying fans and players are punished for the 'crimes' of the directors etc. Why are the directors etc not fined thousands of pounds? It does not make sense.

    Sigh! Football used to be cheap and exciting entertainment for the masses. Who remembers those days of 'half-a-crown' at the turnstile?

    Note: Half-a-crown = 12.5 p.
    Ah but who recalls a crown 😉 = 50p 🙂
  13. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    86698
    27 Apr '09 00:31
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Ah but who recalls a crown 😉 = 50p 🙂
    Crown = 25p!!

    You are referring to 'ten bob'. That brown note worth a fortune.
  14. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Joined
    09 Jan '05
    Moves
    24454
    27 Apr '09 06:26
    Originally posted by znsho
    Crown = 25p!!

    You are referring to 'ten bob'. That brown note worth a fortune.
    Lol.. 1965 -6d for kids. 2 bob pocket money got us Sat morning pictures in the ABC flea pit, a 2hr session at the swimming pool 4 sherbet flying saucers a penny, thruppenny bit for the bus fare and a ticket for the match. spent the return bus fare on chips soaked in vinegar on the way home. (so long as we didn't get monstered by visiting Manc teddy boys and greasers.

    1968 Living in St Mary's getting chased by Sikhs with turbans and big curved knives.. absolute hazard getting through the central park up to The Dell... good days.. great Dell Days... Ron Davies, Mick Channon etc
  15. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Joined
    09 Jan '05
    Moves
    24454
    01 May '09 00:10
    The Administrator should have a deal on the table shortly... The Guernsey guys are front runners.. hope they have deeeep pockets.
Back to Top