1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 23:454 edits
    Did anyone see footage of the riots at the Serbia-Greece basketball game?

http://www.truehoop.com/international-basketball-46332-serbian-basketball-fans-clash-with-police.html

Be sure to check out the video. Why are there no cops to search these raggamuffins for flares? They're practically weapons.

It's totally disgusting. Will crowd violence ever be separated from sports? I consider myself a massive sports fan and a die-hard Leafs fan but to become violent over a GAME? That's insanity. These people should be cleansed.

EDIT - The link I provided was for an older incident. The one I saw on ESPN was from this week and had people shooting flares throughout the arena and whipping chairs at each other. Trying to find it now...

It's interesting how people use it as a way to criticize the serbian police which may be fitting but I'm sure they're not the only ones at fault here.

EDIT 2 - http://www.itv.com/news/index_1100caf78cdde71d951cd8888df28f7b.html

EDIT 3 - Here's the video: http://www.wnbc.com/news/10474172/detail.html

EDIT 4 - LOL @ NBC's most popular stories on the left.
  2. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 01:39
    Makes the Piston fans at the Pistons/Pacers game look like amateurs, that's for sure!
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 02:19
    But then again, these are people all in to ethnic cleansing.
  4. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 02:42
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    But then again, these are people all in to ethnic cleansing.
    Granted, SOME Pistons fans are like that, but certainly not all of them..

😀
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 14:03
    Domi got beat up by a fan 🙂 a philly fan 😏
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 14:49
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It's interesting how people use it as a way to criticize the serbian police which may be fitting but I'm sure they're not the only ones at fault here.
    We don't know what triggered the response, but I doubt it was simply the insults. There was an order to charge, you can see that the charge was coordinated, there's a guy calmly raising his hand and lowering it before the charge. It just looks pretty wrong from both sides but especially from the police.

Some Serbian fans are quite hardcore and unfortunately proud of it. Same goes for their police.

Edit: I'm talking about your first video.
  7. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 15:47
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Did anyone see footage of the riots at the Serbia-Greece basketball game?

http://www.truehoop.com/international-basketball-46332-serbian-basketball-fans-clash-with-police.html

Be sure to check out the video. Why are there no cops to search these raggamuffins for flares? They're practically weapons.

It's totally disgusting. Will crowd violence e ...[text shortened]... .com/news/10474172/detail.html

EDIT 4 - LOL @ NBC's most popular stories on the left.
    I thought it was hilarious! 6 injured, 1 seriously injured! 4 citizens and 2 cops!
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 16:00
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    I thought it was hilarious! 6 injured, 1 seriously injured! 4 citizens and 2 cops!
    I find it funny in the sense that for every idiotic action there is an equal and opposite idiotic reaction.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 19:04
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Ah Ah. Very funny. Maybe you'd like even more the video of Serbian hooligans beating up homosexuals in a gay parade. What a riot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree