1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    05 Sep '08 20:39
    It's their only hope; Jason Campbell was utterly pathetic last night. Granted, he was playing against the WORLD CHAMPION NEW YORK GIANTS, but hasn't anybody told him that if it's third and X, you should probably throw the ball as far as at least X? I counted at least three completions on 3rd down where the Skins receivers wound up no more than a yard short of the first, all drive killers. And why, oh why, weren't the Skins in the no huddle at the 2-4 minute mark of the fourth quarter needing two scores? Madden was completely amazed as was anybody who knows anything about football (which obviously doesn't include the present Redskin QB or coaching staff).

    Only Colt can possibly save this season for Washington. His Canton run should start NOW.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66538
    05 Sep '08 21:331 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's their only hope; Jason Campbell was utterly pathetic last night. Granted, he was playing against the WORLD CHAMPION NEW YORK GIANTS, but hasn't anybody told him that if it's third and X, you should probably throw the ball as far as at least X? I counted at least three completions on 3rd down where the Skins receivers wound up no more than a yard sho Only Colt can possibly save this season for Washington. His Canton run should start NOW.
    One thing you need to ask....why were the receivers running routes shorter than "X" on 3rd down? Then if he was throwing the ball too early in their routes, why weren't the lineman able to provide adequate pass protection?.

    That being said, I am no Jason Campbell fan so it won't take a herculean effort to unseat him. And, since you placed the comment so carefully in you post for my benefit, don't buy those tickets for the enshrinement ceremonies in Canton for Colt (unless you are buying Colt seats to see someone else gettting inducted).

    Oh, BTW, nice job winning some money at the NY chess tournament. Now you have the funds available to pay off your friend that you bet on the Yankees to finish in front of the Red Sox in the standings.
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    06 Sep '08 13:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    One thing you need to ask....why were the receivers running routes shorter than "X" on 3rd down? Then if he was throwing the ball too early in their routes, why weren't the lineman able to provide adequate pass protection?.

    That being said, I am no Jason Campbell fan so it won't take a herculean effort to unseat him. And, since you placed the comment ...[text shortened]... your friend that you bet on the Yankees to finish in front of the Red Sox in the standings.
    Your predictions regarding how Colt will play when he gets the chance are worthless.The sooner the better for the Redskins; Campbell obviously can't do the job and Todd Collins is a nonentity. When you have a problem, you should use the solution.

    You win some, you lose some. The same guy's a Dallas fan; I'm hoping to recoup my losses with strategic wagers against that vastly overrated squad.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66538
    06 Sep '08 19:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Your predictions regarding how Colt will play when he gets the chance are worthless.The sooner the better for the Redskins; Campbell obviously can't do the job and Todd Collins is a nonentity. When you have a problem, you should use the solution.

    You win some, you lose some. The same guy's a Dallas fan; I'm hoping to recoup my losses with strategic wagers against that vastly overrated squad.
    What predictions were those? The prediction I recall making was he was not going to be a HOF QB. I really don't think he will be more than a journeyman QB, but we will see. The other statement I made had to do with Colt's collegiate numbers being more a function of the system than exceptional talent. I also stated several other "star" QB's that came from the same same system and they all basically laid an egg in the NFL.

    I also have some news for you....your rating of Colt Brennen is far more overrated than Dallas is as a squad. I am not a Dallas fan, but that club is pretty solid. I also think your Giants are going to feel the loss of Strahan more than they think they will. Time will tell.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    06 Sep '08 19:42
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    What predictions were those? The prediction I recall making was he was not going to be a HOF QB. I really don't think he will be more than a journeyman QB, but we will see. The other statement I made had to do with Colt's collegiate numbers being more a function of the system than exceptional talent. I also stated several other "star" QB's that came fro ...[text shortened]... iants are going to feel the loss of Strahan more than they think they will. Time will tell.
    SC: When Colt gets cut

    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?subject=Colt%27s_Back%21&threadid=98165

    Strike one.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66538
    08 Sep '08 00:01
    Impressive stat line for the Canton Kid....He did get some healthy pine time though, and he never once fumbled the clipboard. It says alot that they never let him sniff the field even though they were behind all day. Is Jason Campbell really that good? I guess Jim Zorn would know.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    08 Sep '08 14:51
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Impressive stat line for the Canton Kid....He did get some healthy pine time though, and he never once fumbled the clipboard. It says alot that they never let him sniff the field even though they were behind all day. Is Jason Campbell really that good? I guess Jim Zorn would know.
    In case you forgot the rules in the NFL, the third QB can't get in the game unless the starter and backup are injured. Yeah, Jim Zorn looked like a real genius not running a no-huddle with less than 5 minutes to go and his team needing two scores. Colt's probably the only one who can save his job and the sooner he realizes it the better.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66538
    08 Sep '08 15:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    In case you forgot the rules in the NFL, the third QB can't get in the game unless the starter and backup are injured. Yeah, Jim Zorn looked like a real genius not running a no-huddle with less than 5 minutes to go and his team needing two scores. Colt's probably the only one who can save his job and the sooner he realizes it the better.
    Oh, I remember the rules, I was confused as to why the Canton Kid wasn't starting. Third string??? Matt Ryan kicked some ass yesterday. He is another rookie. Maybe he has better talent though...no doubt. Maybe he will be cannonized before Colt????
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    08 Sep '08 16:49
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Oh, I remember the rules, I was confused as to why the Canton Kid wasn't starting. Third string??? Matt Ryan kicked some ass yesterday. He is another rookie. Maybe he has better talent though...no doubt. Maybe he will be cannonized before Colt????
    I'm sure if Jason Campbell had went to federal prison for a few years, Colt would have had a good shot at being a starter immediately. Comparing someone who was given a chance to play to someone who was not is pretty stupid even for you.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66538
    08 Sep '08 19:48
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I'm sure if Jason Campbell had went to federal prison for a few years, Colt would have had a good shot at being a starter immediately. Comparing someone who was given a chance to play to someone who was not is pretty stupid even for you.
    Hey, don't hurl insults because your perceived "savior" doesn't even make the active squad. That shows me that he is not as well received by the coaches as he is by you. I guess they figure they are getting paid to make the decisions & their jobs are on the line so they would be better equipped to determine whether a guy is worthy or not. The last thing I am is stupid, and you should remember that. Bite off as much as you can chew and I will feed it to you big boy!! 😉
Back to Top