Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    27 Feb '10 18:01
    Does anyone care?

    Any interest in this game?
  2. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    27 Feb '10 21:16
    The Fins were embarrassed by the US. I think they will be out for blood.
    Slovakia spent their emotion in the game against Canada.

    The Fins take this one.
  3. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    27 Feb '10 22:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    The Fins were embarrassed by the US. I think they will be out for blood.
    Slovakia spent their emotion in the game against Canada.

    The Fins take this one.
    That was so Un-Finland like to fold like that...The goalie should have been pulled after the second bad goal, at least by the 3rd bad one, to give the team some chance.

    The guy that Finland had in nets, had said the only way he would come was if he was going to be playing every game. He obviously over estimated himself, and his skill, and endurance.

    EDIT: As to who will win, after watching the Slovaks against team Canada, I wouldn't count them out. They never say die, they fought in that one right to the buzzer.
  4. 27 Feb '10 23:12
    Originally posted by Very Rusty


    The guy that Finland had in nets, had said the only way he would come was if he was going to be playing every game. He obviously over estimated himself, and his skill, and endurance.

    that 'guy' is called Miikka Kiprusoff and has been one of the best goaltenders in the nfl in the past 10 years.

    i'm not sure what was going on inside his head during the fist period but the guy is a class act.

    finland wouldn't have been in the semi finals if it wasn't for Kiprusoff.

    btw i agree with shorty.. finland to win bronze.
  5. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    28 Feb '10 01:55
    Originally posted by trev33
    that 'guy' is called Miikka Kiprusoff and has been one of the best goaltenders in the nfl in the past 10 years.

    i'm not sure what was going on inside his head during the fist period but the guy is a class act.

    finland wouldn't have been in the semi finals if it wasn't for Kiprusoff.

    btw i agree with shorty.. finland to win bronze.
    It is called the NHL trev not nfl...So much for your hockey knowledge.

    Again, don't count the Slovaks out, they are fighters to the end.
  6. 28 Feb '10 03:41
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    It is called the NHL trev not nfl...So much for your hockey knowledge.

    Again, don't count the Slovaks out, they are fighters to the end.
    lulz... wondered if you'd noticed... couldn't help myself after shorty's baseball post

    pretty tight game so far... i know the game time was decided before the tournament but with two european teams in the bronze medal game you really think it should be played at a kinder time for us europeans... an 8pm gmt time would've been perfect for this game as well as the final, surely they would get more people watching it.


    decent game so far... pretty tight but couldn't help myself to place a little bet on finland.

    come on the fins
  7. 28 Feb '10 04:25
    slovakia seem to want it more
  8. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    28 Feb '10 16:05
    Originally posted by trev33
    lulz... wondered if you'd noticed... couldn't help myself after shorty's baseball post

    pretty tight game so far... i know the game time was decided before the tournament but with two european teams in the bronze medal game you really think it should be played at a kinder time for us europeans... an 8pm gmt time would've been perfect for this game as wel ...[text shortened]... ty tight but couldn't help myself to place a little bet on finland.

    come on the fins
    Unfortuanately I don't have any say in the time the games begin.


    Slovakia fought hard and lead 3-1 after 2 periods of play.

    I liked them because they were the TRUE UNDERDOGS in the tournament, who almost won a medal. It would have been nice to see them win their first bronz medal EVER! Finishing 4th place is their best to date, I believe.
  9. 28 Feb '10 17:15
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Unfortuanately I don't have any say in the time the games begin.


    Slovakia fought hard and lead 3-1 after 2 periods of play.

    I liked them because they were the TRUE UNDERDOGS in the tournament, who almost won a medal. It would have been nice to see them win their first bronz medal EVER! Finishing 4th place is their best to date, I believe.
    Finland came back to win! Gritty comeback indeed!
  10. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    28 Feb '10 17:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Finland came back to win! Gritty comeback indeed!
    Skill won out in the end. Many of those players will not be back in 4 years, (In Russia) so it is nice for them.