Sneijder

Standard memberPalynka
Sports 06 Dec '10 18:52
  1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 18:52
    What a travesty this guy is not even in the top three for player of the year. Won the Serie A, Champions League, Cup and went to the semifinals with a less favoured than usual Netherlands winning a Bronze boot (3rd top scorer) and a Silver ball (2nd best player).

The fawning over Barcelona has reached ridiculous heights.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 19:32
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What a travesty this guy is not even in the top three for player of the year. Won the Serie A, Champions League, Cup and went to the semifinals with a less favoured than usual Netherlands winning a Bronze boot (3rd top scorer) and a Silver ball (2nd best player).

They should've kept the 'Ballon d'Or' European players only, playing in Europe..FIFA could've had their own world equivalent. Cruijff, Best, Rummenigge et al all played on uncovered, unheated pitches, the modern game is unrecognisable in comparison and the modern striker too well catered for in terms of the above and the referees..the Brazilians rarely performed well in European winter conditions, saying most of the season is such.
    I only ever remember 'golden boot' top scorer and the 'golden ball' top player...silver and bronze awards appear to be another modern day anathema, in the classic sense...
  3. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 21:38

I agree. The man won the CHL, the Italian league and cup, tied most scored goals in the WC, won silver medals with an average team and was voted Man of the Match in 4 out of 7 appearances in the WC. What is a guy to do to get a nomination? Play for Barcelona?
  4. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 08:31
    This sums it up very nicely:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/145/goalcom-features/2010/12/07/2249778/ballon-dor-debate-disgraceful-snub-of-wesley-sneijder-highlights-
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 14:31
    Originally posted by Lundos
    This sums it up very nicely:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/145/goalcom-features/2010/12/07/2249778/ballon-dor-debate-disgraceful-snub-of-wesley-sneijder-highlights-
    I never thought I'd see the day goal.com would feature some intelligent comment.
  6. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 17:18
    I never thought I'd see the day goal.com would feature some intelligent comment.
    I must admit that I was surprised too, although Tim Collins used to write some decent columns about Arsenal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree