1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 20:26
    The Boston Red Sox and Oakland Athletics will open their season in Tokyo next Spring. They will also play 2 exhibition games each with Japanese Teams.

P-
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 20:28
    The redsox are the best team in baseball and as a Yankee fan I certainly don't feel sorry for them. But i think the irregularity in the schedule and the change of time zones really hurt the Yankees when they went there and I would not be happy about having to go.
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 21:03
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    The Boston Red Sox and Oakland Athletics will open their season in Tokyo next Spring. They will also play 2 exhibition games each with Japanese Teams.

P-
    I will definitely watch a SOX/A's vs. Japanese team if they televise it, 3am on ESPN2 would be just fine.
    Will Manny find pants that fit before he arrives?

IRNG 120
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 21:07
    Originally posted by jofaz
    The redsox are the best team in baseball and as a Yankee fan I certainly don't feel sorry for them. But i think the irregularity in the schedule and the change of time zones really hurt the Yankees when they went there and I would not be happy about having to go.
    The season is 162 games long. I can't believe you're seriously suggesting that the Yankees were "seriously hurt" by this.

The people of Japan are gonna love this and I'm awfully interested to see how an MLB club fares against a Japanese team. Think about the fans, baby!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 13:16
    well you start the season a few days earlier and then you have a few days off because of jet lag. it means that your third or fourth starter have an abbreviated spring training than an extra layoff (especially if you pitch your one and two on regular rest). You have non-regulars and some relief pitchers who could miss a week at the beginning of the season while they are trying to get in a groove. If i were a redsox fan i'd be excited about my team, but not the trip.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 16:26
    Originally posted by jofaz
    well you start the season a few days earlier and then you have a few days off because of jet lag. it means that your third or fourth starter have an abbreviated spring training than an extra layoff (especially if you pitch your one and two on regular rest). You have non-regulars and some relief pitchers who could miss a week at the beginning of the season wh ...[text shortened]... ing to get in a groove. If i were a redsox fan i'd be excited about my team, but not the trip.
    A lost game in April is nothing compared to a lost game in June. Do the math.

P-
  7. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 16:28
    I think that the point was a good one. Teams that start the season in Japan sometimes get off to a slow start.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 17:16
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    A lost game in April is nothing compared to a lost game in June. Do the math.

P-
    do what math? a game lost is a game lost. In April it is actually tougher to get a regiment with more off days, more rain outs, more cold days with less batting practice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree