1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 14:32
    We can now officially rubberstamp England as a second rate footballing nation .😳
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 13:042 edits
    Originally posted by phil3000
    We can now officially rubberstamp England as a second rate footballing nation .😳
    Its strange because you have a lot of good young guys coming through, Kane, Sterling, Vardy etc I dunno what the story is, too many players playing on reputation rather than on form. If the late great Cloughy was manager he would stand up to those pansies and the F.A. and talk to them straight, cant do it now a days, its all sports psychology and other jive talk. Hodgson is too hung up on tactics. I have quoted Clough before and I will do it again, 'tactics don't win you matches, players do'.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 15:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its strange because you have a lot of good young guys coming through, Kane, Sterling, Vardy etc I dunno what the story is, too many players playing on reputation rather than on form. If the late great Cloughy was manager he would stand up to those pansies and the F.A. and talk to them straight, cant do it now a days, its all sports psychology and ot ...[text shortened]... I have quoted Clough before and I will do it again, 'tactics don't win you matches, players do'.
    How old is Vardy?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 21:17
    Spain has consistently the best association football in the world I am told. Is that true?
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 21:32
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Spain has consistently the best association football in the world I am told. Is that true?
    You might of been told " Spain has consistently the best football team in the world "
    😕
  6. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 23:01
    You might of been told " Spain has consistently the best football team in the world "
    😕
    Spain WERE the best football team in the world, 5-10 years ago

got found out in the last World Cup

England, when they played them last week, were too much 'in awe'....played like a poor team vs a good one, waiting for a mistake, trying to be tight in defence. Didn't work.

To be ANY sort of world power England need Rooney on absolute top form, Wellbeck playing well and support from the rest. Until then, we wait!
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 14:04
    I'll admit I know very little about soccer, but pray tell, how does the result in one friendly after 15 consecutive unbeaten games have such devastating impact on your view of England's strength?
  8. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 14:54
    Originally posted by sh76
    I'll admit I know very little about soccer, but pray tell, how does the result in one friendly after 15 consecutive unbeaten games have such devastating impact on your view of England's strength?
    to answer for phil (and any English football fan!)

the 15 games unbeaten run was forged against weak opposition. England were fortunate to be drawn in a v weak group to qualify for Euro 2016. In fairness, we breezed though the group (the main part of the unbeaten run), but there was no 'testing' of our real strength.

Spain are the first major soccer nation that we have played in ages and we came up short. Admittedly, without our 'first choice' team, but it was a test that we failed
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 14:44
    Originally posted by Trev33
    How old is Vardy?
    He's 28

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree